(Tropical Canyon by Carolyn Steele for Robert Kaufman Fabrics)
The binding (left) was made for another quilt (eons ago) but set aside. Now it would appear this might be its intended quilt.
Moving on to what will become the front of the quilt - just look at all this glorious scrappy goodness.
Strata from Wanda's stash, strata from my own stash, trimmings from the backs of previous quilts, nearly 1,000" of leftover sewn-together Dumpster Diving segments, and so much more.
There are pieces in here from Moxie, Fire and Ice, Dumpster Diving 12-Confetti, La Colcha de Muchos Colores, Gone Dotty, Blossom, Caim, and B.O.B., not to mention several leftover lengths of binding.
Speaking of B.O.B., Tropical Canyon's top will be created much like B.O.B.'s scrappy backing.
Here's a closer look at some of the many fabric strips layered on the design wall.
(can you find the abandoned sashing strips from DD 12?)
And here's a closer look at another part of the design wall.
* * *
THIS is going to be fun!
(and while I'm assembling TC's top, I'll used the paired rectangles for Tuxie-Tude as my leader enders)
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"You sing on the canvas. You improvise -- you find the rhythm and catch it good -- and structure as you go along -- then the song is YOU."
Romare Bearden
-imp.jpg)

-imp.jpg)
-imp.jpg)
7 comments:
Oh yes, I can spy out the DD12 strips--they will add a lot to all these various pairings you have going..
These strips give a real "jungle-ey"
feeling to this WIP, I think. Really neat, QDJulie...
Hugs, Julierose
Looks like you're having fun with this!
I see my leftover TAW stratas in there. I'm glad I tucked them into that package.
You have the most luscious backing fabric, Julie. This will be another stunningly colorful quilt.
All those colors- oh my! I would have a hard time knowing where to start. Looks like a magical time!
What gloriously delicious eye candy! Methinks you may find - as I did when making DS2's "Purple Haze" quilt - it's so wonderfully scrappy, it won't matter one bit where the blocks go!
Hugs!
An amazing dose of colour!!! Such a happy sight to see all those strips etc. hanging together, and that backing fabric is magic.
Post a Comment