And the twelfth in the series of Dumpster Diving quilts is finished!
DD 12 aka Confetti was started in November 2022 - you can read one of the early process posts HERE.
The finished quilt measures 55" wide x 68" long.
You can see the finished quilt top's reveal HERE.
I'm so glad I listened and left out the sashing strips.
DD 12 was quilted with Glide thread in Turf (green) using my all-over liberated free motion spiral fans.
There are roughly 4,000 inches of sewn together scraps in this top.
You can see some of that work in progress HERE.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together."
Vincent Van Gogh
10 comments:
DD12 came out so beautifully, QDJulie;))) CONGRATULATIONS on such a great finish...--I keep on getting waylaid by squirrels on my journey to make one of these...[and now, not making large quilts--it will become a smaller trip for sure;)))]
We are still recuperating and resting--mostly En Masse glue booking, if anything...
Hugs, Julierose
Wow! Blinded by the color in this one. Perfect border/back fabric. Hooray for a fine finish.
DD12 is a glorious color explosion that gladdens the eye and the outer border, backing, and binding fabric couldn't have been more perfect. WOW!! Won't YM love this series of quilts?!!
Hugs!
Oh, Just love all the color and pizazz in the quilt. Love the thin red border. It came out wonderful!
You've done it again. A quilt with knock your socks off color and the perfect border and binding. What kind of batting do you use for these quilts of many tiny pieces? They must be heavy.
Pat
I'm glad you left out the sashing strips too. The blocks needed to mesh together.
The VanGogh quote you used says it all! This is the kind of quilt I want on my bed if I am ever bedridden - cheery, cozy and lots to look at!
These are always such intriguing quilts. I've started a few but mine never work out. Yours is stellar. Congratulations.
What a cool quilt and a great series!
So fun! I can't help but smile when I see that riot of color. Would you consider a post featuring all the quilts in the Dumpster Diving series so we can see how they relate to each other?
Post a Comment