As I sewed Coddiwomple together, I used some of the remaining pairs for DD-12 Confetti as leader enders.
(I've actually been doing this for quite a while now)
Once Coddiwomple was finished, I stopped the leader ender approach and spent an evening chain stitching one pair right after another.
If you remember back to November of last year, Little Man's box of lego bricks was my color inspiration . . .
. . . and now look at this first long (!) strip of assembled segments.
OH, YES!
I spent a few more hours sewing pieces together until I had two large boxes and three shoe boxes, each with a long continuous length made up of little pieces.
This is such a happy moment in the making of a Dumpster Diving quilt.
My next challenge will be to measure the length of the five long strips so I know how much I have to work with.
(for the first eleven DD quilts, I had to go back and cut more pieces - sometimes twice)
* * *
And the answer is (drum roll, please) . . .
I have just over FIVE THOUSAND linear inches of colorful scrappy goodness to work with.
YES!!
It's time to sub-cut the lengths and start piecing blocks later this year.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"In my artsy life the ordinary becomes extraordinary."
Holly Dean






7 comments:
Whoa!!Amazing what little amounts of time will yield!! 5000 is impressive!
What a glorious abundance of happy, scrappy goodness! YUM! It will be a joy to assemble these pieced strips and even to press them as you enjoy their patterns and colors.
Your array of DD quilts excel in never-ending eye candy.
Hugs!
It is incredible that the boxes of sewn strips look so much like the legos photo. Leader Enders are wonderful production boosters.
Oh my goodness I adore this project - must make one with my scraps.... squirrel!
I'm impressed you COUNTED! Gonna be awesome.
WOW - that's a lot of inches!!! Glorious photo of the boxes full of colour.
The video summary of DD quilts is excellent!!!
Post a Comment