Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Coddiwomple - the Flimsy


Here are the lower section and the five-row upper section waiting to be sewn together.  

(I finger pressed the seams as I assembled the blocks/rows and will press with the iron after the top is finished)


And then there was a completed (and pressed) quilt top - at this point it measures 49" x 64"


Here's a photo showing more of the fabric details. 

I had my doubts along the way but I am SO glad I kept going.  

This quilt top makes me very happy.

(you can go back and read the previous posts for this project by using the Coddiwomple label)

* * *

p.s.  On Friday I'll have a major update for Dumpster Diving 12 - Confetti.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"What art offers is space - a certain breathing room for the spirit."
John Updike

15 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love all these HSTs! Just could keep looking and looking. I can see why you love it. Can't wait for your coming update on Confetti.

Barbara Anne said...

Coddliwomple's interesting Aussie fabrics make such a strong and wonderful quilt and the HSTs were a perfect choice for their use. Do you plan a border for it?

Please send some of your energy this way!

Hugs!

cityquilter grace said...

omg...that is simply gorgeous....the scrap quilt to be all scrap quilts and sooo beautiful!

Terri in BC said...

You have wonderful vision! I'm looking forward to your Dumpster update on Friday.

Dorothy said...

I love, love this

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is SO pretty! It has the best features of a quilt, nice from a distance and spectacular close up looking at all of those fabrics.

Ann said...

This is wonderful! Love all those HSTs and the way the light moves across the top.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Amazing way to use all those Auzzie fabrics! I love the way the orange flows across the quilt!

Terri said...

What dedication to the half square triangles. They are so interesting. You have great fabric sense,

Cindy B said...

Your collection of fabrics is jaw dropping!!!!!! I could look at this quilt for hours! I love your quilts!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I can totally see why you'd be happy, Julie. It's a great quilt top!! You made it with such a fun and interesting collection of fabrics. Happy quilting!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Beautiful variety of colors!!! Congrats on the top!!!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Duh - can't remember whether I did leave a comment here two days ago!
Coddiwomple is stunning and all sewn up, hopefully without sore shoulders. Love how vibrant this is.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Beautiful colors, it's such a happy mix. This is a lot of precise piecing in a relatively small area and oh, SO MUCH FUN to pore over. I love it!

Nann said...

I recognize those prints! You combined them wonderfully.