Thursday, July 5, 2018

The Squirrel Club



After reading my post yesterday,
Judy suggested that we should form
 a SQUIRREL! club.

I agree - the more the merrier!

Feel free to right click and save the image above
(screen grab via Google Images from the Disney/Pixar movie UP!)
and we'll share it as part of our just-for-fun group.

No link-ups.

No rules.

No schedules.

Just add the graphic to your blog's sidebar
and you'll smile every time you see it.

You can link the graphic back to this post 
but you don't have to.

We'll know what it means 
and if others want to know,
I'm sure they'll ask.

(take a minute to check out Nancy's latest post HERE)

As Louise put it --

"Chase that squirrel and have fun!"

* * *

And if anyone else feels inclined
to dump out your scrap boxes
to start your own Scrap Vortex quilt,
feel free to jump in.

Once again - no rules, no time frame, and no link ups.

Just loads of scrappy fun.

If you need a tutorial, click HERE
and scroll through Amanda Jean's QAL posts.

Please be sure when you post about your project
on your blog or other social media feed
to include credit to Amanda Jean Nyberg for her design.
(https://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com)



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"The adventurous state of mind is a high house... 
The joy of adventure is unaccountable. 
This is the attractiveness of artwork. 
It is adventurous, strenuous and joyful."
Agnes Martin

18 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love to sew scraps together, but the Scrap Vortex gives me dizziness. I wish I could figure out how to sew sections in scraps, but have some kind of cohesive design, maybe lattice strips or something else defining. I love made fabric, but one huge piece of it makes me a little off.

Rebecca in AK said...

I am in! I have had the Scrap Vortex quilt in my sights for awhile now. When I read you post yesterday day I thought, I should get started on that now. I have SO many scraps! It will be fun to everyone's creations!

Mystic Quilter said...

What a great idea!! I have three huge tubs of scraps, plus an assortment of plastic containers so plenty to work with. I'm in.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Well, I can’t guarantee anything....but the gods in all living things know I have more scraps than I know what to do with.......and nothing to do with them........and no time to do it in.......so that sounds like the perfect storm for squirrels, right!

gayle said...

Somehow that squirrel found its way onto my sidebar. Can't imagine how that happened... 8)

Joyce said...

Proud to be a card carrying member of the Squirrel Club! I do one or two scrap quilts a year, which make enough scraps for a third!

Mary Marcotte said...

Oh my! I am the queen of squirrels (according to my husband) and have decided to just live with the disorder. What's one more, right? Such a fun idea and post. Thanks for keeping it real.

grammajudyb said...

Now that is what I needed!! A reason to be in this state of disarray! I'm saving the Squirrel photo and I am going to embrace my "squirreliness"!

Quilter Kathy said...

Yes! Sounds like the perfect club for me!
I made a Scrap Vortex quilt and it's one of my all time favourite quilts.

audrey said...

It's the perfect time of year for these sorts of endeavors.:)

Mary Marcotte said...

Well, I'm all in! I wrote a post on my squirrelly projects tonight. Hope it's okay to share:
https://fleurdelisquilts.blogspot.com/2018/07/busy-weekbusy-work.html

Sharon said...

Okay, I have to admit, this is definitely the club for me. I have ADD and am so easily distracted that I drive myself crazy. Squirrely is a great description! I have so many scraps that I just don't have room for more. And I do love a scrappy quilt. Don't know if I'm doing a Scrap Vortex or what, but I'll join your club!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Sounds fantastic! I'm on the chase!

suzanprincess said...

Love the idea of Squirrel Club! Don't have a blog tho, so probably can't post the squirrel anywhere, but I'll do my best at trying to do so, somewhere, anyway. I'll consider myself a member regardless, especially with a Scrap Vortex quilt near the top of my bucket list. susanprincess at att dot net

Sandy said...

Heheh... I'm in the middle of a Scrap Vortex quilt, and I didn't even know it!
Must see about joining your group.

Marjorie said...

I don't have a blog but am a devout scrapaholic and squirrel. Can I join anyway? How would I communicate if I don't have a blog?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Marjorie - since you are a no-reply blogger, I will respond here. You do not need a blog to declare yourself a member of the Squirrel Club. We don't hold meetings or anything like that - we just find joy in knowing others make the same kind of "sharp left turns"

Rebecca said...

I'd LOVE to be a part of the Squirrel Club but with all my sewing (& life & all... LOL!), I don't have a blog. Help?