Monday, June 16, 2025

Tuxie-Tude - the Quilt


Tuxie-Tude has become a finished quilt.  

Started in early 2024 this is the third in my series of twelve Macnas quilts.


I managed to get these photos outdoors between rain showers - it was seriously breezy and very damp.


The clips are a new set similar to the other pool-chair-towel-holding-clips I've used before (toucans and flamingos - all three sourced from Amazon.com) 

These parrots definitely have the best ability to hold the quilt on the fence on windy days.


And then . . . we have the pieced backing.  DH jokingly suggested I keep it far away from any runaway zebras lest they use it for camouflage.


Quilted with Glide thread in Sterling using my liberated free motion nested spirals.

The finished quilt measures 52" x 72" - I'm glad I swapped out the binding at the last minute.  I like this white with sets of black stripes better than my originally planned black with crooked white stripes.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"We must cultivate our own garden."
Voltaire

12 comments:

iHanna said...

Love the b/w, and the pattern! Well done!

cityquilter grace said...

nice finish....

Betty said...

Wow!! It's fabulous! I've been collecting B&W fabrics for a possible more manly quilt and can see, by yours, it can be done.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It turned out great, both front and back. LOL to DHs joke. There was a runaway zebra in the news last week. I think it was around here but now I'm not sure. They used a helicopter to airlift it back to its home.

JustGail said...

Awesome quilt! So fun to look at it and recognize fabrics in my stash. It's tempting to start a black/white quilt, but I'm still not over the one I made for DS. That was for a king-size bed, so that may have more to do with my hesitation to make another :-)

Anonymous said...

Now I have a plan for the box fulll of black and white fat quarters I've been collecting for years. But your parrot clips make me think I'll add a little red & orange to the mix. Thanks a bunch.

ButterZ said...

Your pieced back has come out great too.

Charlotta said...

Wow! Another winner! It’s a really great pattern you have settled upon for your Macnas inspired quilts. For some reason it really works remarkably well. I’ve been cutting and using 2.5” x 4.5” pieces mainly in scrappy “potato chip” block quilts, using remainder fabrics, and it’s just a very workable size. But I’m very tempted to copy you and try to cut and sew a quilt from new yardage using only that size piece as you have done. Not sure yet whether I’ll try monochromatic, or checkered as you’re doing. Both appeal to me. Maybe I’ll do both. I certainly have enough fabric for it. But 🖤🤍🖤🤍🖤🤍 third quilt and your others, so much.

Millie said...

The quilt is great, but I LOVE the backing!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Tixie Tude is a stunner!! the back is just as amazing as the front!

Vicki W said...

What a fun quilt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such a a great way to showcase your collection of black and white prints, Julie! Congrats on your finish. I love the front and back equally.