Quite a while ago, I picked up this backing yardage. I originally thought about making a pink and yellow quilt but eventually decided to go with a "yellow-gold" approach.
Here is the name I've chosen for this project.
These were the first half of the 2.5" strips needed for my sixteen-patch plan.
But as you can guess from the right-hand edge of the photo, there were more strips to be cut.
This was the stack pulled for the second half of the strips . . .
It was challenging to get a "true color" photo of these lovely yellows. None of these images show how pretty the colors are in real life.
I need to get these strips cut so the yardage can be re-shelved before Little Man arrives (tomorrow!) for his extended stay.
Once time permits (most likely after the first of the year), I'll get busy and piece the top for Abendrot.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Mother Nature has the best box of crayons."
Nature Hills Nursery




.jpg)
10 comments:
You have such a lovely selection for your fabric pull on this one...nice softer yellows in there too.
It will be a really hot one here today and muggy--plan on sitting in the AC and quilting a few lines on Autumn Stars...
Happy Labor day--hugs, Julierose
First, yay, more fun with Little Man! Second, how can you wait so long after cutting to start your new project? I’d want to jump right in sewing the strips, lol.
Love this fabric pull - but I love your word more... you have such a great vocab!!
Abendrot = abend = evening...rot = red (German)
You probably knew this!!
Those strips look like good mindless sewing for those few stolen moments here and there.
Gorgeous inspiration photo + yummy yardage = A fabulous quilt in the making, Julie! (Even if we have to wait for 2024 to see it come to fruition.) Enjoy Little Man's extended stay! Will there be another Camp Sefton quilt project??? It's always such fun to see what you all get up to when camp is in session!
Oh, what yummy fabrics you've chosen for Abendrot and I'm surprised you can calmly pace yourself to start sewing it together months from now rather that jumping right in.
Looks like the name for Abendrot might be "You Are My Sunshine"!!
Hugs!
When I first looked at the word, I did not like it because it had rot on the end. When I saw your photo, I realized the t on the end is probably silent like in ballet. So, now I like it. The colors are wonderful. Yellow is very difficult to photograph. I just finished a grandkid stint in PA with a sick 1 1/2 yr old, so now I am back to the machine. All those strips will look marvelous when sewn and cut.
Oh Yes, Yes, Yes to the fabric pull for Abendrot, I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together.
Judging from the fabric pull this is going to be a stunner! And I love the name.
Post a Comment