Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Caim - the Quilt


CAIM - "Sanctuary; an invisible circle of protection, drawn around the body with the hand, to remind one of being safe and loved, even in the darkest times."

Started in August 2022, Caim is now a finished quilt measuring 54" wide x 70" long.


Quilted with rows of liberated (unmarked) free motion spiral fans using Glide thread in Robin Egg.


Finished off with this turquoise pinstripe that has lurked in the stash for a long, long time.


I love the backing fabric (Junebee by QT Fabrics).  I purchased five yards at a local town's quilt shop closing sale a year or so ago.

This is an older fabric and one I've used previously, including my last few pieces in Sea of HSTs (2021), so I was delighted to find it still on that shop's shelves.


Here Caim is casually tossed in one of our back porch rocking Adirondack chairs.

My introductory post for Caim is HERE.  

You can find the rest of the related posts by using the CAIM label below.

* * *

It does feel good to get another of the long-waiting quilt tops finished after a slow start for finishes in 2024.

Next up is Dumpster Diving 12 - Confetti (currently pin basted and  waiting for me to wind bobbins now that I've chosen my thread color).


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Art has something to do with the achievement of stillness in the midst of chaos."
Saul Bellow

10 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, it is a very serene and lovely quilt. It came out great. I have one of your contributions on the longarm now, just one row to finish! It is the brown strips with diagonals. I have so many to quilt. Your quilting looks fabulous and the backing is so wonderful with the front.The binding is the perfect finishing touch.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I love the color palette. And the backing fabric is perfect for it!

Barbara Anne said...

What a delightful quilt and it's amazing how great rectangles and squares look together.

Well done!!!

Hugs!

Julierose said...

Lovely finish on Caim:))) That backing is just perfect, too. Nice work
hugs, Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The backing fabric is so perfect with the front of the quilt.

Michele in Harrisburg said...

Lovely finish. And I recognized the backing fabric immediately, because I think Sea Of HST might be my favorite of all your quilts! If you would ever want to sell it, I would happily take that off your hands. ;)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lovely quilt finish, Julie. Congrats on having just the right fabrics for backing and binding it! Such a cohesive whole.

Nann said...

Wonderful colors! And your quilt-hanger clamps are intriguing. Is there a story about them?

("Caim" is a new word for me.)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Beautiful!!
and the backing - perfect!!

ButterZ said...

You have done a great job with your quilting. I love it