When the layout for Blossoms began, this was the plan for backing and binding.
(these are the first fourteen of eighteen rows)
I sewed the first ten rows together (pinned on the lower part of the design wall above) then laid out/assembled the bottom eight rows.
(shown here on my sewing table prior to final pressing)
And then there was a delightfully scrappy quilt top!
Approximately 54" wide x 72" long.
As so often happens, along the way the backing plan changed and in this case so did the binding.
I used the last seven blocks and the previously-intended scrappy binding to create an 84" vertical insert strip.
The "new" starry mottled binding had been skipped over for a previous project but works perfectly here. And this backing had been set aside for my low volume tumblers but it was just too perfect for this quilt.
All in all, I'm very happy with the way Blossoms has come together.
Wait until you see what is next up on the design wall . . .
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Sometimes the difference between a terrible day and a pretty good day is finding one small stupid thing to be nerdily excited about, even (especially) if no one else cares or gets it."
Nanes Hoffman




6 comments:
I just love that pink/green duo in this quilt--really nice work!! and that backing fabric is so pretty; makes a nice reversible quilt...
i have begun trying out sewing a few lego-type strips with the 1.5" pieces--I am not really pre-cutting, but rather cutting as I go--which seems to work for me--very random lengths...Very fun and easy sewing--slow picking and choosing
for my 15 minute intervals of sewing...;0)) hugs, Julierose
What pretty pinks and greens - I love the deep jewel feel of it
Well, that was fast! And it looks great. The backing fabric is a great complement (and compliment).
Pretty pinks and greens! The backing fabric is perfect too. I'm glad you spotted it in time to make the exchange with the other fabric.
Julie, due to a number of reasons I've missed blog post reading for nigh on a week or so,. I was pleased to see Blossoms coming along and looking beautiful - gorgeous setting for the backing. This and That, I loved reading through this one and happy to see Confetti again.
I never used to be a pink and green girl, but this quilt top really makes me smile!
Post a Comment