Thursday, July 2, 2026

June Recap


I spent the first part of the month finishing Xanadu's quilt top.  You can see that post HERE.


A bit later in the month, I quilted and finished Xanadu, ready for gifting.  You can see that post HERE.


I used the leftover blocks and made this utility mat for the cabinet beside Max.  That post is HERE.


Morning Fog, Macnas series no. 11, was pin basted, quilted, and finished - that reveal post is HERE.


And on the very last day of June I pin-basted Paint Party, Macnas series no. 12, and chose a soft yellow quilting thread.  

Fingers crossed I can finish Paint Party and Yutori (no. 13 in the series) and maybe even Holus-Bolus (the first of four bonus quilts from the series) during July.  

* * *


This is our crape myrtle as seen from the rear/side of the house (this side faces east and gets sun until late afternoon).  

I liked the comment on how it looks a summer version of the lilac bushes I grew up with in Michigan - except these don't have the lilac's glorious fragrance.


This is the backyard photo taken on July 1.   It some ways it doesn't look dramatically different than the June 1 photo, aside from the plants having grown more dense and the grass beginning its seasonal color shift from spring green to summer stress.

(the temperature was 96 with heat index of 100 when I took this photo) 

Oh, yes - summer is definitely here.  


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Just make a mark and see where it takes you."
Peter Reynolds in The Dot

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your garden area looks so neat and orderly. Plants have filled out nicely. We are getting enough rain that the grass hasn't started turning brown since May when we had less than 2" of rain.

Nancy said...

I admire how productive you are- well done as always! Lilacs are one thing I miss about northern life. That wonderful scent. We have Crape Mrytle too, pretty as can be, but no scent.

Cherie Moore said...

I can’t believe I missed this post……LOVE the Crepe Myrtle. You are ambitious with your July quilting. Hope it’s going well…..’cause I know the squirrels have been running rampant ;-)

Cherie Moore said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.