Wednesday, April 29, 2026

Paint Party - the Flimsy


Paint Party, no. 12 in the Macnas series, is a flimsy measuring approximately 52" x 72"


This is the reverse side of the top, just after I finished pressing it.  

(Process note - I finger press all Macnas seams as I piece/sew the tops, then use the iron once each top is finished)


Detail view of Paint Party's fabrics.  


For those who may not remember this quilt's inspiration, here's one of the photos taken by Young Man's parents in March 2025.

The family was on their way home after a short spring break trip and stopped for dinner at a local restaurant.  As they were leaving YM stopped to watch the owner painting the restaurant's patio fence and she invited him to help her paint.  

Inspiration lurks everywhere, we just have to stop long enough to notice it.


Anyway, after a year filled with multiple twists and turns fabric-wise, the finished top and wide back (purchased on sale in 2023) are now pinned to the design wall.  

You can read about those twists and turns by using the Paint Party label below.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"When every day seems the same, it is because we have stopped noticing the good things that appear in our lives."
Paulo Coelho, the Alchemist

9 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

Paint party is the perfect name for that quilt & that backing fabric is gorgeous!

Cherie Moore said...

I love today’s quote about everyday seeming the same if we don’t take time to notice things (my Readers Digest condensed version 😂). We were sitting on our deck enjoying the bug free warmish afternoon when a pair of hawks entertained us with aerial acrobatics. We both had our iPads and phones but were completely captivated by the hawks.

cityquilter grace said...

a very pretty quilt....

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Paint Party is Perfect!!! Your inspiration photo is super cool - I can see all the colors. What a fun one!

MissPat said...

Oh my goodness. How do you accomplish such a neat back. No loose threads from the colored rectangles in evidence. Paint Party would make a wonderful kids quilt with all those bright colors. And I just love that Tula Pink background fabric (whose name escapes me right now, but I have it in several colors).
Pat

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I remembered that inspiration photo. Love the backing fabric.

Kathy S. said...

Look at those perfectly pressed, matching seams!!! It's beautiful. Love that young man got to paint the fence. What fun inspiration.

Charlotta said...

Another glorious Macnas quilt! Congratulations! I don’t know how you continue to do it!

Charlotta said...

Another glorious Macnas quilt! Congratulations! I don’t know how you keep doing it?