My studio squirrels finally got their way - I started a new journal project. Using my postage stamp punch, I've been gathering these rectangles and adding them into a small blank journal.
So far I have created themed pages like the ones above plus low volume in both warm and cool tones, faces in black and white/sepia, faces in color, a page for scrappy ROYGBIV stamps, plus pages featuring words, buildings, packaging, etc.
It's very okay if it takes a while to fill this small journal - the fun is in discovering stamp-able papers and seeing each page slowly evolve.
My April scrappy nine patches feature Chihuly's glass, faces, plaids, and warm low volume with text. Believe it or not, there is thought given to placement of the squares - when you squint a little, can you tell?
Again, the fun of this project is in the discovery and arranging.
Over in the scrappy circles journal, I'm determined to branch out beyond creating more large clumps of semi-related circles. This journal project has only 11-12 more pages to be filled, which is why I agreed with the squirrels to start the postage stamp punch project.
And this is an improved version of the test collage shared yesterday for weeks 15-18 of my Full Deck Challenge tags. I wasn't at all happy about how the test collage looked, especially when "enlarged," so I tried again using another method. This one is better but I do miss being able to create collages in Picasa.
(Your thoughts are welcome on the collages - whether you like them, don't like them, or prefer that I stay with single higher res photos, please let me know in the comments below. Thanks!)
* * *
Over at the sewing machine . . .
Paint Party, Macnas no. 12, has only a few more rows to be sewn. Using the pairs for Yutori, Macnas no. 13, as leader enders during PP's row construction is also moving Yutori forward.
I need to seam up the backing for Morning Fog, Macnas no. 11, so I can take the top/back yardage off the design wall so it's ready for Paint Party's flimsy reveal photo shoot.
Enchanted, Macnas no. 10, is pin basted and I would really like to get it quilted yet this week. We shall see how that plan works out.
I've added labels for each of these quilts at the bottom of the post so you can click over and see their related posts or you can visit the dedicated Macnas series blog page here.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Birds learn to fly by falling."
Rumi
5 comments:
Love your postage stamp punch! Must be hard to get them arranged precisely aligned.
You've found some wonderful papers to "stamp" out, QDJulie!! Lovely grids..at first I thought they were fabrics...;)))
Hugs, julierose
I finally found the link I had saved for Picasa 3 and got it loaded on my desktop computer. I have PC and I think you have Mac. I can send you the link if you want to try it.
Your post for April 25th called Testing did not come through. When I clicked on the link in Feedly it said the page did not exist (even though the preview did show up in Feedly). Anyway today's post came through fine. Technology can be so much fun.
Pat
I love all of this. I have a stack of magazine pages that I have been using to punch circles but I have been thinking about getting a square punch too. Thanks for sharing your paper work.
Post a Comment