Friday, May 22, 2026

Holus-Bolus, the Flimsy


In the end, I did rearrange the columns before sewing the top together.

I tried several different fabrics as a narrow surround border, but none of them enhanced the top.  

48" x 64" 

(the initial layout was shared in this post if you want to compare before and after)


This is where my set of Chuck's flowers now lives - at the end of my pressing table in front of a wall quilt made by Wanda.  

* * *

It's been an on-again, off-again kind of week.  

I'll get the back pieced for Holus-Bolus and then get busy pin-basting and quilting Hanabi.  Even with so many distractions, I want to get at least one more Macnas quilt across the finish line before this month ends.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"The act of sewing is a process of emotional repair."
Louise Bourgeois

8 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like your new layout on Holus-Bolus.
Chuck's Flowers and the wall quilt look so cheerful together!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The quote is exactly where I am living right now. Hanging on through sewing. Every stitch seems to bring healing!

Dreaming said...

I love the color progression in Holus-Bolus. Nice!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a Bitcoin quilt. Pretty.

Nann said...

The shifts in the colors add so much interest!

Nann said...

P.S. I think you could call your patches "gourmet potato chips" because they become out-of-the-ordinary quilts.

Cherie Moore said...

The flowers look especially lovely in front of Wanda’s quilt 😀

Mystic Quilter said...

I do like the setting you've gone with for Holus-Bolus, very effective indeed, you also couldn't have picked a better spot for Chuck's flowers than in front of the quilt by Wanda!