Belatedly, here is a full photo of Hanabi's quilt top (Macnas series no. 10).
(earlier not-yet-pressed reveal post is HERE)
Hanabi has a wide back waiting in the closet with its binding already made.
Rastro, one of the four Macnas series bonus quilts, is now a flimsy.
52" x 72"
I need to seam the backing for Rastro and choose binding fabric.
Motley, another of the four Macnas series bonus quilts, is also now a flimsy (corners to be squared after quilting).
48" x 64"
I need to seam the backing fabric but the binding is already made.
* * *
We're still essentially housebound although DH has ventured out twice. Our driveway is still only partially uncovered and after Thursday's high in the low 40s, we're back in the below-freezing zone until sometime next week.
(local schools and most city offices/services ended up closing for this whole week)
* * *
For my own 2026 record keeping, these were my January "finishes"
Quilt tops
- Enchanted, Macnas series no. 9
- Hanabi, Macnas series no. 10
- Githerments, Macnas series bonus quilt
- Githerments scrappy pieced backing
- Rastro, Macnas series bonus quilt (above)
- Motley, Macnas series bonus quilt (above)
Finishes
Other
- Bindings made for six waiting quilt tops
- Fandango, Macnas series no. 7 pin basted
- Prepped fabric/batting for set of 6 reversible placemats
My goals for February
- Quilt and finish Fandango
- Pin baste, quilt, and finish Incandescent (to be gifted in April)
- Pin baste Grandiose, Macnas series no. 8
- Camp Sefton - Young Man to lay out top for their new autumn ottoman quilt RUSKA (noun-the time of fall foliage). This will be an after school/weekend project which will likely end up including some sewing.
We shall see how things go . . .
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"The most effective way to do it is to do it."
Amelia Earhart
7 comments:
You have been on quite a roll getting quilts together and making lists, QDJulie ;))) they are looking super!!
6 degrees here with a -2 windchill this morning...roads are all accessible finally.
I hope to finish my 6th panel over the weekend...and then the Scroll should be long enough...(the panels are approx'ly 10" long each). I need an attaching piece at the start and an ending closure at the end to make as yet...
Stay warm and safe there hugs, Julierose
Look at Julie go! My goodness you were productive in January and you dealt with sickness crud to boot. And you have Camp Sefton coming up, yay! Do you have prep to do for it? Schools in our area ended up going with one traditional snow day and four remote learning days….another change brought about by the pandemic.
I do hope some thawing will come your way soon. I am planning some sewing time with our grandsons for February too. Fun times.
Great quilts; excellent record keeping and inspirational quote. I hope to sew this weekend too; more snow in our forecast on top of 2" of hard-packed ice that has become immovable and hung around all week; what a mess. As long as the power holds I'm okay with staying homebound. Stay warm, Julie!
Hanabi is great.
Oh, you have been busy making some fab quilts! Good luck on those Feb goals! I was wondering how the weather has been near you. My brother lives near Nashville and was without power for three days. Now I guess they are preparing for another storm. And then there's my brother in FL who is complaining about lower than usual temps. Hah!
You had a great productive month! There hasn't been much to do but sew in this frigid month.
Post a Comment