Monday, September 22, 2025

Grandiose - The Flimsy


Grandiose, Macnas-inspired number 8 of 12, is now a quilt top.


So many different fabrics . . . 


468 rectangles cut at 2.5" x 4.5" and, in the case of Grandiose, 29 different aquas and at least that many different chartreuse greens.


52" x 62" before quilting, Grandiose will now go into the to-be-quilted queue.

Next up in the Macnas series will be No. 9 - Enchanted (yellow-orange/pink with black and white)

You can see the entire series (finished, quilting pending, or waiting to become a quilt top) here.

* * *


The prompt for Week 38 of the Full Deck Challenge is CHAOS.

I went with the chaos that happens when a new puzzle is opened and dumped out on the table.


This is the reverse side of the shipping tag.

(the pieces I used came from a puzzle I found at the $1.25 store)

The prompt is for Week 39 comes out on Thursday . . . 


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.
Jane Austen in Sense and Sensibility.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Loving those greens and aquas together in Grandiose, QDJUlie;)))
Lovely work;)))
Still no rain here and my tomato plants are looking very sad--all yellowed leaves and a few little green tomatoes hanging on for dear life...;((( I guess the growing season for them is pretty much over now...

Barbara Anne said...

Grandiose has my favorite colors and is a charmer! Imagine you having so many various greens and turquoises?!!
Love the chaotic puzzle pieces and the quote.
Happy Autumn Equinox!!

Hugs!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the randomness of the layout in this one, a nice contrast to the others in the series. After looking through all of them, Wallaroo is my favorite. I'm searching through my fabrics for something with a similar effect as your light fabric in that quilt.

Vicki W said...

I love Grandiose!

Anonymous said...

I am in awe of how all your rectangle line up so perfectly! Great colors!

Ann said...

Such a lovely, calming color combination. Fun!

Anonymous said...

Loving these colors together!
Laura H.

Nancy said...

I agree with other commenter- this color combo is just so pleasing. And the next one sounds as if it will be, too!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love your greens in Grandiose and looking forward to to seeing Enchanted!