Thursday, September 25, 2025

Incandescent Moves Forward


As I finished up the top for Grandiose, I also finished the rest of the blocks for Incandescent.

(one row missing here - I ran out of design wall at the bottom)


First three rows assembled . . . 


As of last night, six rows had been sewn and joined.

Only 12 more to go.


The top so far is finger pressed - I plan to properly press each of the six row sections before they are joined together.


And as I'm sewing the blocks together for Incandescent, I'm using HSTs for Xanadu as my leader enders.  

* * *


And Esperance is still waiting patiently on Max's table . . . 



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"I was taught that the way of progress is neither swift nor easy."
Marie Curie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these quilts. I am supposing that you must be feeling much better now. That's my prayer anyway.
Laura H.

Julierose said...

I think "Incandescent" is one of my favorites of your pieces, QDJulie--It just speaks to me;))) Such a warm and welcoming quilt!! I may have to "copy" it and make one for my own self--;)))
My everyday lap quilt, "Sea Glass", is getting a bit on the worn side...and just maybe I could squeak out one more bigger quilt?
It looks like it could be a good "leader-ender" piece. Right now I am using my mini charm pre-cuts (all slightly different sizes--
S I G H) as my leader-ender; sewing them in twosies for now --and will I HAVE to trim them all??? I don't even want to go there!!
Rain has finally come to us--1.11" at long last--hoping for more as
we have straw for lawns here...
Hugs, Julierose

Sue from Houston said...

I really enjoy your series quilts. It is amazing how the “same” can look so different. Also, I have been using your paper plate sorting/organizing method and it is very helpful. Glad you are back to sewing after your cold.

Cherie Moore said...

Incandescent is aptly named! Sewing those long seams takes time, don’t they? Sophie is loaded with a quilt that’s been patiently waiting since July so I’ve been talking to myself about getting it quilted, lol. I’m still not in the mood…..too bad the quilt doesn’t have a home because I work really well under deadlines!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Julie, I loved seeing those beautiful fabrics/colours you chose up close in your photos. How gorgeous is the overall look too! A big job but a finish that will be beautiful. Happy Stitching!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the colors in Incandescent, so cheerful!

Barbara Anne said...

"Incandescent" is the perfect name for this glorious Rail Fence quilt! Love your progress on Leader/Ender future quilts, too. You surely make the most of your two room sewing space! What fun!!!

Hugs!

Nancy said...

So vibrant! Your quilt names are so descriptive. Do you name them yourself?