(number 7 in my series of 12 Macnas quilts)
The coloration in this photo is way off - the colors are much warmer as you can see in the other photos.
A finished top meant it was time to sort the sewn pairs for Grandiose (Macnas series no. 8).
I used the aquas as the "dark" and the chartreuse/limes as the "light" for sorting purposes.
The stacks were sorted onto 18 plates (one for each row) and I've laid out and sewn the first two rows (not yet pressed or attached to each other).
These color make me happy.
Young Man and I played around with watercolors one afternoon and I've framed his rainbow for the shelf in my sewing studio. It looks SO good with the ROYGBIV journals on the shelf just below.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Laughter is an instant vacation."
Milton Berle
8 comments:
I was admiring the beautiful Fandango top and thinking how you must gather up all of those blackish/whitish fabrics every time you see them in order to have such a nice selection of them…..and then I came to the Grandiose pieces. Oh my. Those colors make me happy too! And that basket! I think I need that in a few different colors, depending on what I am working on that day!
As a watercolorist, I just love that framed painting! Shows the joy and fluidity of the paint. Your quilt is stunning- just love the huge varieties of white prints.
Just lovely Fandango flimsy, QDJulie--what a great variety of B&W's you have used...
[FYI: comments on my blog have been going to spam--I just checked them and hope that they will come to my mail today]
Hugs, Julierose
Fandango is a delight and will make someone very, very happy and the delicious Grandiose colors are favorites of mine, too.
LM's rainbow is gorgeous and he'll be tickled pink that you framed it. That whole bookcase is eye candy!
Hugs!
I always wonder why the camera wants to throw a blue tone in on a photo of a whole quilt, but behaves and shows accurate color in the closeups.
Oooh, I love the colors for Grandiose. And I like the subtle piecing in some of the purple Fandango units.
Raspberry Fandango- it’s very appealing. And the green/blue colors are also Fandango-tastic! The rainbow painting is just right in your display. Kids art is so fun to see.
I do love your Fandango quilts!!! Such great colors and great use of fabrics!!!
Post a Comment