Wednesday, April 1, 2026

March Recap and Looking Ahead


During March, I quilted and finished Incandescent - a soon to be gifted quilt.


I also finished Daydreams (formerly known as Tropical Canyon) - another soon to be gifted quilt.


There was one completed quilt top - Morning Fog, Macnas series no. 11.


I also made two new pillowcases for Young Man reflecting his love of Lego, math, and science.

* * *


Looking ahead, Razzle Dazzle is next up for quilting.


Grandiose, Macnas series no. 8, will then become next in line for quilting.


And at the sewing machine, the rows are being assembled for Paint Party, Macnas series no. 12.

* * *

Charlotta asked a question that I want to answer here.  

"Am I right that you have been speeding up your work on them [the Macnas quilts] lately? If so, is there a reason for that? And one additional question: how many of them do you still have? It would be fantastic, I think, to do a show of all of them together when you’re finished!"

Yes, I have been more focused on the remaining Macnas series quilts - because I'm determined to get the series finished before year end (I want to use the twelve quilts for my 2027 annual wall calendar).  

As to the finished quilts - I have all of them and plan to keep them here until the series, including the bonus quilts, is completed; just in case I need to take additional photos.  Down the road there are a few that I plan to set aside for different gifting opportunities but the rest I plan to keep.  

Once the finish line is crossed, I do plan to do a retrospective post (or two) for the entire series; but in the meantime you are welcome to visit My Macnas Quilts page here on the blog.  


Finally, this is the April first photo of our backyard.  The above-ground pots that are not home to hostas have been planted with annuals, and the first few blossoms have started to appear on the azalea despite the many yellowed leaves from the late freeze of a week or so ago.

You can see the earlier monthly photos by clicking on the monthly recap label below.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Where flowers bloom so does hope."
Lady Bird Johnson

8 comments:

Nann said...

I enjoyed the March show! Are your journals hollering that they want some attention now? About the calendar -- how do you make it?

Julierose said...

Three beautiful finishes, QDJulie--I like them all, but I must admit that "Incandescent" is my personal favorite...:)))
A Macnas retrospective would be fantastic; How wonderful to have 12 lovely quilts for a whole year of joyous viewing!!
Hugs, Julierose

Cherie Moore said...

The backing for Grandiose is absolutely perfect! How fun to make pillowcases to match YM’s current (or continuing) interests.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

What a great combination of colors and styles in those quilts. Your next monthly photo will have green grass. Ours is greening up with this recent rain.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh wow, I guessed that you would have lots to see on your post - yes I'm back to reading posts whilst I have a little more energy. It's a delight to see all the colour here on your page and I can see you have been so very busy!!

Helenchaffin said...

I for one have thoughly enjoyed this journey of these quilts with you , whatever shall we do when it comes to an end 🤣 I luv those huge cloths pins you have hanging them on the fence!

MissPat said...

Paint Party is the perfect name for Macnas #12. That Lego fabric would make a great backing for a kids quilt. I don't think I've seen that before. I haven't been haunting the quilt shops lately. I have too much stash that needs using.
Pat

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on those two quilt finishes in March, Julie! Have fun with the ones on deck. While I thoroughly enjoy your colorful quilts, I have to say that I am loving the restfulness of Morning Fog.