Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Razzle Dazzle - the Flimsy


Razzle Dazzle is finally a flimsy!

Piecing was started in July 2022 using Lynne's Scrap Slab Triangles approach and my stash of already cut strips of brights on blacks.

The blocks were completed months ago . . . 


Now that I know the size of the flimsy (51" wide x 70" long), I will make the scrappy back using fabrics on the back of the red chair (plus a few others if those aren't quite large enough).


Here's a closer look at the four main fabrics.


I made this binding eons ago for another quilt (Bubble Up, Rainbow Dots Black by Wilmington Fabrics) . . . I'll wait until Razzle Dazzle is quilted to make my final decision, but I suspect this one will be in the running.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"The enemy of art is the absence of limitations."
Orson Welles

11 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a fabulously fun quilt top, Julie! Your backing and binding selections feel just right for it. Best of luck with the next steps toward a completed quilt!

Julierose said...

What a "spot on" name for this lovely quilt!!;))) Razzle-Dazzle it is for sure!
I love the B&W fabric surrounds on those diamonds...it's like a little bit of an "I Spy": zebras, butterflies, dots, etc--all manner of fun items;))
Nice work on this one hugs, Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

This has a nice 3-D effect of a trellis or grate in front of a layer of dark strips. Love the zebra fabric. I need to use my zebra fabrics more.

Cathy said...

Oh, I love it! Two green thumbs up from me!

Mari said...

What a fun quilt! It kind of reminds me of those beaded curtains from the 70s. It's like you could step right through it into another room. I love the border and the backing will be perfect too. Great finish!

Barbara Anne said...

What a wonderful, jazzy, and joyful quilt and it was worth waiting for! Applause, applause!

Great quotation, too. :)

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such a happy, joyful, energetic creation! I love the photo to the side of the squirrels sewing- it caught me by surprise.

audrey said...

Oh yes! This is another one of your 'diamonds'! Love your style Julie, all the scrappy charm.:)

Millie said...

Love this!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Razzle Dazzle is fabulous!!!! I love those zebras in the black and white!!

Nann said...

The b/w triangles are great -- but using the zebra print for the entire border makes this absolutely smashing.