After 5 days of heavy gray rainy days, the sun has finally reappeared, meaning I could take Coddiwomple outdoors for photos.
This one was taken in the shade on the west side of our house (all of these are early morning photos).
I tried laying the quilt on the grass (very soggy so I didn't step off the patio).
Finished size is roughly 49" x 64"
This close up shows the liberated free motion unmarked quilting - a design I call Fins. The quilting thread (Glide Bark) blended even better than I hoped it would, leaving only the texture behind.
(I came up with the Fins design when I quilted Spots and Dots).
Next I laid the quilt on a dry section of the concrete. I much prefer late morning / afternoon for taking photos, but I'll take what we've been given and be entirely grateful for the not-gray-today skies.
Finally I hung the finished quilt over our back porch swing - this shot is one of my two favorites from the outdoor adventure (the other being the second photo above).
* * *
The word CODDIWOMPLE is a verb - English slang meaning “To travel purposefully toward an as-yet-unknown destination.”
The HSTs for Coddiwomple were die cut in April 2023 (introduction post HERE).
The top was finished in late August 2023 and the backing pieced in September of 2023.
The aboriginals in the quilt top were purchased from several sources, primarily Etsy sellers.
The backing fabric and binding are from the Pannofia collection - Butterfly Flight in Magenta by Oasis Fabrics design 59-562 (purchased in late 2022).
Quilted using Glide thread in Bark and my Fins design.
And now Coddiwomple, the finished quilt, is on the back of my recliner ready for the cooler evenings.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"You have to pause and listen to the space quilt wants to be, and it will unfold itself to you."
Designer Theodora Esparza
12 comments:
Oh my goodness that is absolutely beautiful! Jaw dropping beautiful!😄
It's wonderful.
Your fins quilting looks fabulous and what great pictures you got that really show the texture. This one is such a fabulous finish……definitely on my list of favorites of yours :-)
Fantastic finish! I love all of the dots and circles in the aboriginal prints and the backing is perfect for it.
Wonderful. Great quilt. I think you may have inspired me.
I can see why you love this one. Those colors just glow! Beautiful.
Coddiwomple is utterly glorious and I wonder if YM will yearn to take it home with him after he sees it!
Applause, applause!
Hugs!
Very very handsome!
It's a beauty and the arc quilting is perfect for it!
Oh, that's a pretty one! It's got an autumnal feel to it.
Oh, I love this quilt! You continue to inspire me to pull out the aboriginals left from my unfinished quilt! A great project with the die,.
This is a great one!!! Love all those pretty scraps - and the back!! it is just perfect for it!
Post a Comment