Wednesday, October 29, 2025

Full Deck Challenge 3 Update



Week 41's prompt was ZIG ZAG.  

I used several different kinds of pens and markers to draw freehand zig zag lines and filler on my kraft paper shipping tag.

The gel pen lines are metallic so the card has a bit of glimmer going on.


I had just finished binding the 40" scrappy Esperance runner so I snagged two very short trimmings and used them for the tag's back side.


Week 42's prompt was FEATHERS.  

My very first thought was the Emily Dickinson quote . . . 

Nerdy Bird is the main character in a childrens' book of the same name and I just HAD to use him on this tag.


I added the remainder of the quote on the tag's reverse side.


Week 43's prompt is CIRCLES.  

I used bits of old book pages as the collaged background and then layered an array of paper circles on top. 


For the reverse I used a black and white version of a free printable (I think from BB Henry) as the background and multiple stickers for the colors.


* * *

My shipping tags don't look at all like Shauna's altered playing cards but that's totally okay with me.  

You can see her Full Deck Challenge 3 Playlist on the Shanouki Arts You Tube channel by clicking HERE.

Hard to believe there are only 9 more weeks left in this 52 week challenge . . . 


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"If you create for yourself, you never need to fear failure.  Every attempt leads to confidence.  Be confident in your artistic talent and it will show up in your work."
June Stocking

7 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

Those are so cute!

Julierose said...

Lovely group of cards--the birds with quotes are my favorites in this group...nice work hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

Tag -- you're it! And your little works of art just sparkle. I love that Dickinson poem and made a quilt with it a few years ago.

Barbara Anne said...

Your imagination takes you to some simply marvelous places with the help of you huge variety of markers! Love your colorful and magical shipping tags and the quote from Emily Dickinson.
Happy Hump Day!

Hugs!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fun use of fabric scraps and I love that circle themed tag, too!

iHanna said...

So cool. My favorite is the beads with letters on, glued down. Such a great idea!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Your quote is getting me going today. Thanks.