Back in mid-2021 I put together a fabric pull with all of the polka dots in my stash. And it sat.
In February 2022 I finally die cut a LOT of HSTs along with a bunch of 2.5" x 4.5" rectangles.
I ended up making four (!) quilt tops from those pieces and parts -
Spots and Dots (this quilt),
Gone Dotty (the quilt top's border has been changed since this post),
Dot to Dot (gift quilt for a different nephew's family),
Penelope Rose (gift quilt for that same family as above),
Since Max's side table has been repurposed for my journaling work station, a new table is on order to go beside Max. In the meantime I decided I could still quilt Spots and Dots (the baby's due date is getting closer).
I don't think this design has a "proper" name but I am calling it liberated waves (or fins, depending on your point of view).
Quilted using Glide thread in Aquamarine (top and bobbin).
Here is the info on the backing's edge. I used this eQuilter remnant which ended up being exactly the right size.
The binding was made with another well-aged stripe from the stash.
We had blue skies this weekend for first time in many days and, since there are bits of green beginning to appear (despite the fact that we'll have more freezing temps next weekend), I just HAD to take the quilt outdoors for photos.
35" wide x 42" long
* * *
Spots and Dots will be the baby's newborn quilt.
Ohana (WIP link above) will be his larger play quilt.
Big Brother's quilt will be Rident (WIP link above).
Time to get the next one of these pin basted . . .
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"The essence of all art is to have pleasure in giving pleasure."
Dale Carnegie






13 comments:
Can you tell me what those pink things are called- in your first picture- that go on the end of your pins...I can't find them anywhere!
Oh my gosh, that's the happiest baby quilt ever! I love the backing and binding fabrics too.
Adorable, the HSTs, the binding, the backing - you have such an eye for assembling lovely combinations!
ceci
Spectacular quilts, glorious, happy fabrics, and what fun names! The lucky recipients will certainly grow up with a love of color - and what could be better than that?
Hugs!
This is a perfect baby quilt! The backing is wonderful, too, and who doesn't love a striped binding? Great finish!
I really like this one and I'm sure the baby will love growing up cuddling it. You got a lot of mileage from the dots.
Lovely rainbow baby quilt.
What a marvelous baby gift that will be! The larger quilt and sibling quilt will be icing on the cake, Julie. You are SEW generous!
What an awesome, happy baby quilt! And I really like that "fins" quilting!
A very happy quilt and I love the quilting design and texture you created!
I'm also interested in the pink pins--do you have a source for them?
Thanks!
A very happy looking quite for a little one, I do like the quilting design, very effective.
What a super happy quilt!!!
Post a Comment