Now that the seasonal decor items for June are finished (photos of them in use are pending), I went ahead and pin basted the noodle-rolled parts for July's "red white and MOO" themed wall quilt.
Originally a 2006-vintage horizontal panel, I cut it apart and reconfigured it into a vertical arrangement. This is next in line for quilting (after Reverie) so it gets finished and out of the studio sooner instead of later.
With Reverie under Max's needle, it was time to pin baste the long-ago-noodle-rolled parts for Haru so I could prep another quilt for basting.
(Haru is a Japanese word for spring)
Haru will be an anniversary gift early next year.
And with the double-length pool noodles empty, I pulled out Tuxie-Tude (another of my Macnas series - see links in sidebar or the dedicated page HERE).
I've measured the three main fabrics for the back so I know what I have to work with, cut the binding strips, and measured the 8" (fin.) insert strip at nearly 3.5 yards long - I will have just over 40" of it leftover after making the pieced backing.
Once I decide how I want to design the backing, I'll get it pieced and onto one of the empty noodles (the other noodle will hold the batting). And then it will be time to pin baste since my goal is to have Tuxie-Tude ready for July.
In the background, I'm piecing the rows for Rubricate (another Macnas series quilt) and if the planets align I'll have it quilted and finished before July ends.
(Rubricate - to mark or color with red)
It does feel good to see progress happening.
Quiltdivajulie
"We live in a rainbow of chaos."
Paul Cezanne
3 comments:
Sheesh, I just bought half a dozen pool noodles to cut up and put in the bottom of outdoor planters so it didn't need so much dirt and would be lighter to lift. Your use of them is much more interesting. Just love the colors in Haru. Good to see the gears and wheels are in motion working towards finishing.
Oh, I love the quilt hanging over the railing. I still have a box of 6" triangles in pink, blue and green left from other projects. Maybe I could add purple and make something pretty like yours.
Such an exciting mix of colour/fabrics in Haru, it looks splendid hanging over the rail, definitely shouts Spring!
Post a Comment