Monday, May 20, 2024

Haru - the Flimsy


Once the top for Haru was sewn together, I laid my version of Tussie Mussie on the studio floor.

It is always such fun to see a top all together after spending so much time with the many pieces and parts.


After the top was pressed, I hung it over the balcony to let the Best Press finish drying.

(the colors in this photo are very true to life)


I pinned the 60" x 72" top on the design wall so I could get a full photo.


And finally, I added the backing fabric along one side.  

Oh, YES!

* * *

Since the photos were taken, said backing has been cut and sewn together, pressed, and hung to finish drying.  I need to get the baby quilt (Moxie) quilted next since our friends' baby is due in early summer.  

But once Moxie is finished, I'm pretty sure Haru is going to jump ahead of the other eleven quilts waiting to be quilted.  

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Be brave enough to live creatively.  The creative is a place where no one else has ever been.  You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition."  
Alan Alda

10 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

that is so pretty....those kaffe fabrics are always exciting and fun to use...

Julierose said...

Such a beautiful mix of those colors in this one--it really glows!!:)))
Nice work...hugs, Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It turned out so pretty. I like your addition of purple in it.

Barbara Anne said...

Tussie Mussie is a visual delight and that gorgeous paisley fabric couldn't have been a more perfect choice for its backing!

Yes, the baby quilt needs to be finished next but that will be fun to quilt and isn't too large.

Again, may I borrow some of your energy? Pretty please?

DS1 and DIL are looking for a home here, so guess where my energy is going at this time?!!!

Hugs!

Jeannine said...

Simple and just wonderful!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Such a pretty way to use all those Kaffes.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the richness of the colour mix in Haru and I doubt you could have a better backing than the Paisley. A question re Best Press - do you use this on the fabrics also before cutting or just when the quilt has been pieced?

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Love it. That's all.
N, NP

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

This one's lovely! It is so lush and vibrant; it exudes happiness and joy!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Love it! There's something really joyful about it. Your backing fabric is perfect.