The enhanced fabric pull for Rubricate (another Macnas-like quilt) has been moved to the end of the cutting table.
I hope to work on the cutting a bit each day this week instead of wearing myself out doing it all in one go.
The piecing has begun for Reverie.
So far, there are 37 different blues. I'm sorting as I press to make life easier later on when it comes time to work on the layout.
But while I was stitching/pressing, a random thought lodged in my brain.
WHAT IF . . .
I used the beautiful blue backing I had chosen for Hoppipola (which is still waiting to be quilted) for Reverie?
A quick visual check told me all I needed to know.
YES!
Which left Hoppipola without a backing.
But WHAT ABOUT the backing I had originally chosen for Colsie?
Another quick visual check left no doubt in my mind - absolutely YES!
And now I'm excited about moving Hoppipola forward after its nearly three year wait.
* * *
About Colsie (see previous post) - thank you to all those who offered condolences and/or shared suggestions/photos for possible ways to deal with the initial fail. I cut those strips in January of 2022 and somewhere between then and now I truly fell out of love with the original idea. Instead of pushing forward with the project, I've packed the blocks and they're headed out to Linda S. to be transformed into a comfort quilt.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"From a little spark may burst a flame."
Dante Alighieri




9 comments:
Great planning. Love the new backing for Hoppipola
Funny how that backing "domino effect" happened;)) but i think your inspired choices to switch backings will really work so well;))) Sometimes waiting to put things together yields a whole new inspiration...Nice choices--hugs, Julierose
What a delicious stack of low volume and reds! Im SO jealous- enjoy!
Most excellent to have a brainstorm that cascaded quilt backing to quilt backing, and the blocks that didn't float your boat have been donated. Just perfect, so a touch of magic, indeed!!
Hugs!
That is probably a good reason to not cut backing into lengths for one quilt until you are really ready to quilt it. Otherwise they might be too short for the different top.
i like the way you are re purposing your backs to go with the quilt they should be with ;-)
You've got 3 great projects going there! Linda will work magic with your out-ot-love project.
Excellent solution for the failed Colsie! The revised backing arrangements for the other quilts work well. Good thinking on pacing the cutting for the latest start!
Good for you to be able to get the one idea out of your head ("the backing HAS to be this!") and switch to "the backing can certainly be that"!
Post a Comment