Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Let the Row Building Begin


Once the rest of the pairs were sewn and pressed, it was time to sort all of them onto 18 plates.


And then it was time to piece the first two rows.


Ta - Da !  

There are 26 rectangles (13 pairs) in each row.

I'll continue piecing pairs of rows until all of them are on the design wall.

Then I can rearrange the row pairs if needed.


I pinned the backing and binding on the design wall as yet another double check that I like the new backing plan.

Oh, yes - indeed I do!



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Stay loyal to your creativity because it's a gift."
Pharrell

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely lovely blues!! I especially like the left backing one--so vibrant!!
I love how you organize all your rows...Hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Yet another wonderful quilt in the making!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You have a great variety of the white with blue prints. The backing looks spectacular with the blocks.

Barbara Anne said...

How delicious your blues are!

I sew my blocks together as Mary Ellen Hopkins used to say: in pairs like next door neighbors, then two pairs one above the other like across the street neighbors, and so on to make neighborhood, towns, cities, etc. so what you're sewing gets larger and larger, but only once do you sew the width (or length) of the finished quilt. It's much easier to handle but it doesn't work at all when your blocks are 'on point'.

Hugs!

Mystic Quilter said...

I think you certainly did the best with with Colsie, if something just isn't working for us it's best to just let it go, at least you can use the backing for Hoppipola - looks great! Rubricate - another of your magical names - looking forward to seeing this one develop. Excuse multi comments, missed about seven days due to being unwell.