Tuxie-Tude is a full-fledged quilt top / flimsy.
Measuring 52" wide x 72" long, it contains 468 rectangles.
I mentioned in an earlier post that the only colors in this top are the flashes of color in the Tula Pink zebra print.
Here you can catch a glimpse of turquoise and pink.
* * *
At one point on Sunday, I realized I had several missed calls and texts on my phone -- turned two were from Dr. Foot and the others were from the hospital where I was scheduled to have my surgery today.
There was a pipe break Saturday night with water damage to the OR areas and the staging rooms for OR equipment; meaning that all of today’s elective surgeries were cancelled (including mine).
I'm now waiting to hear from Dr. Foot's most-excellent assistant regarding rescheduling.
This was NOT expected, to say the least.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Black and white photography erases time from the equation."
Jason Peterson
8 comments:
Oh, disappointing to say the least! Not that it could be helped but it’s disheartening to learn the day before surgery :(
I love those flashes of color in the zebra prints!! Really makes your eyes seek them out!!
Oh no...I am sure you didn't want to hear that your surgery had to be cancelled!! Back to "waiting mode", right? Hope things get re-scheduled for you soon..sending hopeful thoughts,
hugs, Julierose
Oh, so sorry to hear about the surgery cancellation! The anticipation is exhausting. Maybe you can sew a few things or plan a few more things in the meantime. Love the quilt top. Those zebra prints! I bet Tula would love to see what you have created using her zebra fabric!! Looking at your previous post (Eye Candy), I love your fabrics. The bird print would look great with all of the fabrics under (and including) the blue/green striped piece.
I hope you get rescheduled for the surgery right away. The top looks great and the tiny splashes of color are unexpected.
I'm so sorry to hear that your surgery was postponed! Last week I was thinking about all the people in NC who had surgeries, test and treatments scheduled and it all got bogged up for them too. I hope you can get it rescheduled very soon!
Hope you now have another planned date for surgery!!
Charlotta58@gmail.com here - so sorry your surgery was postponed! I know that’s very frustrating as you were completely prepared for it and I’m sure you are more than ready to get this behind you! I will send good vibes that clean-up is swift and your surgery will be rescheduled promptly.
Love this flimsy, especially the brave inclusion of the radical Tula Pink zebras. I’m a zebra lover and I have a HUGE collection of zebra fabrics. I include a carefully selected zebra in each of my quilts, if possible, one which fits well with the rest of the fabrics and doesn’t “stick out,” but if that isn’t possible, I let it shine. In scrappy quilts, there are usually a variety of whole and partial zebras, however it happens to work out, as I naturally have many pieces of zebra fabric in my scraps as well as in my stash. I have also made a couple of all zebra quilts, and several medallion quilts centered on zebras. And, of course, I have a bunch of the Tula zebra print as well as the other fabrics in that line in my stash. In fact I have a lot of Tula fabric.
Your quilts are such an inspiration, and I only wish I were half as productive and/or well organized so I could put more of my lovely stash to good use while I’m still able!
Thanks so much for sharing.
The quilt top is just fantastic- so much interest and spunk. It is good you have a deep stash to pull this off so well.
Post a Comment