Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Night Owl - the Beginnings


I've had a fabric pull of leftover aboriginal fabrics sitting on my shelf ever since I finished the top for Coddiwomple.

They've been waiting for a good idea to come along -- and it has in the form of  Lynne's new Nightingale quilt top seen here.


I know I won't get any further than cutting these strips before my rescheduled surgery (as of now it is set for Monday the 14th), but it makes me feel good to have forward momentum for Night Owl (the future quilt's name) and that the long design pondering process is over.


Here you can see the strips with the backing (top of photo).


And here's another look at the many different fabrics.

Eye candy at its finest.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"As the sun colors flowers, so does art color life."
John Lubbock

9 comments:

Millie said...

That's going to be gorgeous. Eye Candy indeed! And I love your title, Night Owl!

Julierose said...

Ooh definitely eye candy--yummy!! This will be a beauty--nice that you have gotten it to the ready to sew stage...Hugs, julierose

Robin said...

What delightful fabrics! This is going to be a fun one.

Mystic Quilter said...

You have such a stunning collection of aboriginal fabric there Julie, amazing, and a better backing fabric could surely not have been found. Good luck with your cutting of the strips - will they be 2 and 1/2" in width? Also all the very best for surgery come Monday. Fingers crossed for no more leaks in the OR area.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those dark and moody prints will make a lovely quilt, Julie. Of course, you know that since you basing it on Lynne's fabulous quilt!

Barbara Anne said...

What wonderful fabrics for Night Owl! Eye candy at its finest, to be sure.
I'm glad you got word of the cancellation of your surgery in time not to miss any meals but am sorry for the delay. You were nearly all dressed up with nowhere to go!
I have to ask, is your surgeon's real name Dr. Foot? I once worked with a radiologist whose name was Dr. Slaughter and his wistful joke was he'd really wanted to be a surgeon!
Wishing you well!

Hugs!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

There are a lot of black background Aboriginal prints and you have more of them than I do!

Nann said...

That fabric pull is full of drama!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I am afraid of using all dark fabric. I am afraid it won't looked pieced. I am sewing a kaleidoscope right now of darks, and it makes me real nervous.