Friday, October 4, 2024

A Bit of Studio Time


The other day Lynne shared a new project she's working on using her bright on black fabrics.

That sent me upstairs to look at my bright on black stash.  

Hmmm - it was getting messy so I've been tidying and refolding.


So many pieces left from previous projects .  .  .


Some of the yardage came from backings and bindings . . . 


Other pieces were used in B.O.B.  (flimsy) and its backing and Razzle Dazzle - which may or may not get quilted before the end of the year . . . 


These half-yards came from a recent eQuilter sale . . . 


And these were going to be used for the back of Tuxie-Tude but with the change to black and white backing, these can go back in the stash.

I'm itching to make something with these, but obviously it will be a while before I start anything new.


At the other end of the color spectrum -- one of my goals this week was to finish die cutting the rest of the low volume 4" tumblers for Repose.

(The squares from a mix of 69 unique fabrics had only been waiting since June)


My next step was to pin pairs of tumblers and sort those into groups of ten for easy counting.

There are 320 tumblers in the 16 clipped sets shown above, plus 9 more pairs (bottom right), and 18 single tumblers for the row ends (bottom left).

My plan is to make a top 19 tumblers wide x 18 rows long (342 tumblers) 

I won't start stitching these until later in the year - but at least the project is ready to go when I am.

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Gazing at beautiful things acts on my soul."
Michaelangelo

6 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

oh loving those tumblers...

Julierose said...

Spring boarding ideas from quilting friends is so much fun:))))...
I think your getting future fabrics for quilts all pulled and ready to go is a splendid idea, QDJulie.
Here's hoping all goes well for you in your upcoming surgery. Hang in there and take care. I'll be thinking of you....
Hugs x2, Julierose

Elle said...

I am DROOLING over that stack of brights on black. Gotta go change my shirt ;-)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Just looking through the assortments of fabric is such fun and now you are reacquainted with all of them. Getting the prep work done for a project is so important. That sometimes takes longer than the sewing and I love sitting down to sew with already prepped projects.

Nann said...

Refolding and reshelving fabric can conjure up so many new ideas!

Mystic Quilter said...

Must have missed this post Julie, but I'm sure I've seen the tumbler photo before!!! Your mix of brights on blacks has me jumping up and down - such an exciting collection.