Monday, July 1, 2024

Ready for the Die Cutter


I decided to do something about this box of low volume fabrics.  

What if I make an all-low-volume tumbler quilt?


So I spent a few hours cutting squares for my 4" tumbler die.

This is roughly half of the 350+ squares.


And this is the other half.

And as I was cutting, I remembered the stash of gifted low volume squares left after making Spoondrift so I added those into the mix - better to use them than continue to store them.  

(note - both of the quilt tops/backs in the linked post are still waiting to be quilted . . . hopefully before yet another year goes by)

I think I'll name this project REPOSE (noun - a disposition free from stress).

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Art is the soul of the whisper of the cloud on the horizon."
Peter William Brown

6 comments:

Julierose said...

WOW!! Lots of cutting going on...I am still working at getting my UFOs either finished or donated....I have a few ideas about what I want to make next...but they should wait {but will I be able to not start a new one?? hahaha]
hugs, Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your low volume quilts are so interesting because you have lots of variety in them.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

That's going to be a great low volume tumbler quilt; there's so much interest going on in your low volume prints. What fun to have that great variety to work with!

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice collection of fabrics here and lots of cutting! Your name for this project is perfect REPOSE and a disposition free from stress is just what I need right now!

Barbara Anne said...

Love the fabrics and wish I had your energy to do so much in one day. This will be one beautiful quilt and its name is wonderful, too.

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love the fabrics- so textured of light values. I have never been able to warm up to the tumbler- not sure why. I stick with squares and triangles as I have enough of those ideas to jumble my brain.