Friday, June 28, 2024

River of Light - a Gifted Quilt


Lynne called me a week ago and asked if I would like this quilt.

"Yes, I've always loved that quilt!"

It arrived Monday evening and I love it even more in person!

Lynne's granddaughter named it River of Light and that name couldn't be more perfect.

(you can see Lynne's beauty shots of the quilt HERE)


Here is the scrappy pieced back which I appreciate since Lynne doesn't always make a multi-fabric backing.

And the pieced binding adds a perfect finishing touch.

* * *

When Young Man saw me taking photos of the quilt Wednesday morning before camp,  he asked "is that quilt for me?" with a face that begged me to say "yes."

I explained that it was a gift to me from my friend.  He quickly recovered from his disappointment and followed up with this question - "Can I use it in my bed when I’m here then?"

Of course I said "yes" as I gave him a big hug.  There really isn’t a much better compliment than wanting to sleep under a quilt unless it is sharing that story with the quiltmaker.

THANK YOU, Lynne!



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Joy is the simplest form of gratitude."
Karl Barth

9 comments:

Millie said...

As I was writing this quilt’s story I realized that every time I did you commented how much you loved it. The thought came into my head that you don’t often express things like that aloud and I should pay attention. That told me the quilt needed to be with you. I am thrilled yiu love it so much and that Young Man feels the same way. The quilt is truly where it belongs.

Many hugs
Lynne

Julierose said...

What a splendid gift for you--and Little Man, too, who saw its beauty right away!! It is a lovely one;))) Lynn did a great job on it...enjoy :)))
hugs, Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You have a one in a million grandson....not many kids love quilts as much as he does.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sweet gift AND now you know what to make Little Man next!!

Barbara Anne said...

What a glorious and generous gift to you from Lynne and I LOVE YM's prompt diplomatic solution for getting to sleep under the quilt when he visits you!! Good thinking on his part!!

Hugs!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Sweet & generous gift, and I did smile reading the following conversation with your grandson.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love this quilt (and it's name!) and the story behind how much it is loved. Lynne is a great friend, sending you a tangible hug!

Barb N said...

That's especially nice to gift a quilt to a quilter! Big smiles for you!

Cherie Moore said...

Oh, how very fun! I love that the grandchildren of you both have stories tied to River of Light. A very special quilt!