Monday, April 24, 2023

Caim and Spoondrift Move Forward


I first posted about Spoondrift last October (click HERE).

I shared an update HERE.

A few weeks ago, these squares that were cut for the corners.


A little here and a little there the corner squares were stitched to the low volume blocks.


The blocks were sewn into sets of two and then sorted into groups of five on fourteen plates.


From there it didn't take long to assemble the randomly scrappy 50" x 70" quilt top.


I had "just" enough of the aquatic watercolor-ish backing by adding a full length strip of extra squares.


So now the quilt top, the backing and the long-ago made scrappy binding are on a hanger in the infamous Waiting to be Quilted closet.


Oh, and the top for Caim did get pressed, its backing has been pieced, and its binding is made.  

Caim has joined the others in the WTBQuilted closet.

* * *

My goal moving forward is to quilt at least two and hopefully three of these waiting projects each month until I get the backlog cleared.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions and the roots spring up and make new trees."
Amelia Earhart

12 comments:

Material Girl said...

I havea closet full of tops and backing too. I quilt them on my domestic machine and hate every minute! I love the piecing, not the quilting. I have been trying to empty my closet and have finished all the smaller quilts. Now, I have the queen sized ones- what was I thinking? No more large quilts for me! May donate a few large tops and thinking of trying to find a longarmer, none local. I even thought of big- stitching a special one. Good luck with YOUR closet!

Chase Klop said...

LOVE your Spoondrift!!

Vicki W said...

That's going to be such a pretty quilt! It's got a beach feel to it.

Nann said...

Oh, such a soothing design....

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the size of triangle you used and the variety of fabrics for them.

Nancy said...

Your Spoondrift is beautiful! You have a great and interesting variety of low volume fabrics but what catches my eye are those gorgeous greens, teals, and aquas. Gorgeous!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Spoondrift is so calming and glowing. It is such an eye treat. It has to be gorgeous in person. Low volume fabrics are so hard to find, good thing you had help to get the variety necessary. Well done to a long process.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love those colors together - such a great combo.

Ann said...

Spoondrift is a lovely top. What fun to make. It looks relatively easy to sew; not too many seams to match. You are smart to get the back and binding together at the same time.
Unfortunately, I have a bit of a WTBQ closet, too. I want to get the large ones done before it's too hot here.

Millie said...

This looks great. I see a lot of the low volume fabrics I gave you for your birthday. It’s like I’m there with you.

Hugs

cityquilter grace said...

ooh that is so pretty...love it!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Spoondrift looks wonderful. I think I might recognize some of the LV prints in the close-up photo, ;-). The whole thing has a very soothing vibe. I love it!