Since the last time I shared photos of Luciferous, things have moved ahead quickly.
I changed the orientation of the columns/rows from vertical to horizontal, decided to use a back and forth color flow approach, and elected to use the yellow rows at the top and bottom in honor of the AHIQ Yellow challenge.
The tape measures are pinned in place to give me an idea of the width possible with the existing triangles.
Here you can see the top three rows trimmed and sewn together.
The lower rows (not yet sewn together) are in position, but their ends have not been squared.
Rather than working one row at a time (square the ends / attach to the previous rows), I decided to get all of the rows to the same width before proceeding.
Since I had used up the available triangles, I used appropriate fabrics and cut whole cloth triangles to fill in the shorter rows. Even in person it is not immediately noticeable, which makes me happy.
At this point the rows are 58" wide and each row should finish at 6" tall.
I am eager to get the rows sewn together. Luciferous will rarely, if ever, be flat on a wall once quilted and bound, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the subtle interlocking diamond pattern looks when the top is crumpled or hung over the back of a chair.
* * *
I have the rest of the needed side triangles cut for Razzle-Dazzle and know how I want to proceed, but I really have to switch gears after Luciferous reaches flimsy stage.
I have three quilt tops/backs that I want to finish and send to my Michigan family along with the already completed baby girl quilt (one for big brother, a small quilt for the baby while she is tiny, and one for my sister/aka Grandma).
Baby L is due October 6 so I need to get those tops/backs pin basted and put Max to work.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“Align with nature . . . Magic happens.”
John Friend



5 comments:
I'm not sure how I fell off your email list, but I am SEW happy to receive your color blast in my inbox once again, Julie!! Did not disappoint.
Just love your Pretty in Pinks blocks too. These rainbow rows are so pretty. Amazing really. Happy Stitching from me.
The scrap slab triangle strips are looking great in that horizontal setting.
Nice work hugs, Julierose
I can't believe how different this looks from the last post! It really flows well and has so many interesting areas.
You've really motored along with Luciferous - such a change in the setting you had originally - very exciting design!
Post a Comment