Sunday, July 17, 2022

Razzle-Dazzle Update


During the three days with fever and chills, Smitten and I spent some serious quality time together.

At one point the back of the quilt was "up" and it struck me that perhaps my much-loved mix of light blues would make good side triangles for Razzle-Dazzle.

During one of my infrequent trips into the studio, I took Smitten with me to test my theory.


During another visit to the studio, I pulled out these pieces of yardage and a couple of pieces from the resource boxes to help visualize my idea.

(A no-reply blogger asked me about my resource boxes.  Click HERE and scroll down to the Design Studio section for an explanation of my system.)


99 triangles on the wall . . . 


Since I had a few of the black and white side triangles already cut, I decided to test a few before I cut into the light blues . . . and because these looked so good and made so much sense, the light blues went back into the stash.

* * *

(made using Lynne Tyler's Scrap Slab Triangles tutorial - there's a link to her Etsy shop in my sidebar)


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“The magic happens in the creative studios.  But sometimes you’re inspired when you’re removed from it a little bit.  That’s when the juice starts to percolate.”
Donna Karan



6 comments:

Paula said...

These diamonds make me want to work on something similar. I love your white and black background fabric. It's a great choice.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The light blue would have worked, but the Black and Whites give a whole other look. Hope you are all better- take the vitamins and get rest!

Millie said...

Lynne giggles. Now there’s a big surprise!! ❤️

JustGail said...

Blues would have worked, but I like the black on white better.
It's so easy to forget about the tabs a the top. It's been a while, I should go back and re-read the Studio Space and Fabric Stash tabs.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm glad that your fevered mind didn't win the side triangle war, Julie. The black on white prints work SEW well!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I LOVE this!!!
but I am so sorry about fever and chills.... You are tough to work thru it!