The new flexible-use design wall has been covered and attached to the wall at long last. Next week I'll paint the screw heads and washers so they don't show quite so much against the white flannel.
The earlier 18" test block is on the left and a new 12" version is on the right.
I think I want to go forward with this project, but if I do I won't be using KF fabrics for the baskets and flowers. I haven't decided if there will be a controlled palette or whether it will be entirely scrappy yet.
And then, it might not happen at all. Time will tell.
All of the four-rectangle strip sets (pieced using leftovers from Dot to Dot and Ferhoodle) have been trimmed into 1.5" and 2.5" cross cuts.
The 2.5" units will be used for Ohana (see previous posts using the label below).
For now I am planning to incorporate the 1.5" strips into a future scrappy Dr. Seuss crib/toddler quilt.
Unless another idea for the polka dot strips that has been rolling around in my head becomes reality . . .
Finally, with the scrappy back fabrics for La Colcha off the design wall and put away, I was able to lay out the nearly 200 HSTs left after making Gone Dotty.
They are now becoming a baby quilt named Spots and Dots (shown here with the horizontal rows sewn, ready to finish webbing the top together).
Here is the 36" x 45" flimsy with its intended backing and binding.
And here's a close up of the binding. There are rows of little dots in between the binding fabric's rainbow stripes; and the giraffe and others on the backing have colorful spots, all in keeping with the ongoing polka dot theme.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“There is a real magic in enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment.”
Norman Vincent Peale







6 comments:
You truly have the best design walls!!!
Flexible design wall??? More info, please. 🙂
I love the 18” flower basket block but can see where the 12” would be better. Any idea if you’ll set them on point or do a straight set? Cathy is always inspiring!
Spots and Dots is SEW cute, Julie!!
Looking good Julie and the backing is just right for a baby quilt.
Love all of those polka dots! You have such a great selection and the backing is perfect for it too.
Post a Comment