Monday, August 8, 2022

Pretty in Pink - Layout Complete



I mentioned in the previous post that I would be using the Tula Pink flamingoes (far left) for backing.  

The KF Moss Flowers will be used for a narrow all-around border and binding.

Two big decisions made.


By late Saturday, all of the blocks were pieced, pressed, and laid out on the design wall.

I fussed around with the positioning of a few blocks only to be sure no two fabrics were adjacent to each other.

(You can see three scrap slab columns/rows for Luciferous hanging to the left)


In order to have full use of the design wall, I went ahead and clipped the blocks for Pretty in Pink so they can be webbed into a top one day soon.

(Both Concatenation and Pretty in Pink are at the "time to web" stage)

I am so going to love using this quilt once it is finished.


And if Pretty in Pink looks familiar to you . . .  Lynne made her Pink Panther quilt a few years ago.  I had forgotten all about it until I had the first few blocks for Pretty in Pink sewn together and on the design wall.  Lynne and I enjoyed a good chuckle over yet another example of "great minds" and all that.  

The pinks in my quilt came from my stash.  The side triangles are a mixture of scraps from Lynne's stash and some from my own.  I don't know if we have any overlap in side triangle fabrics, but neither one of us is worried if we do.




Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Understanding how to find the magic moments in your daily life is critical. If you subscribe to the philosophy that says, "My vacation will free me from burnout," then you`re waiting for a few days out of the year to make up for many days of stress. Instead, you have to be able to take mini vacations on a daily basis.”
Tony Robbins

14 comments:

Cathy said...

Pretty in pink is right! Lots of fun fabrics in there. I might have to try some HRTs again one of these days because now I'm feeling inspired.

Julierose said...

I can see how you will love using this one--so cheerful and pretty!! Beautiful work on this hugs, Julierose

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love it!! and I am so impressed with your speed!!!
( could you send me a little mojo please)

It will be just perfect for you to snuggle under when the weather finally chills!

sue s said...

Now those pinks are ones I could live with! I definitely lean towards a more magenta/raspberry pink so this quilt appeals to me.

Paulette said...

So pretty! It's going to be a great one to get cozy with. Love all the fabrics, and you once again picked a fabulous border and backing!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your quilt and Lynne's have me wanting to run to the pink stack and cut some pieces, and I just happen to love the half rectangle too.

Nann said...

Great minds, great design. And how satisfying to use a stack of leftovers so promptly. (The flamingo fabric is GORGEOUS and using it as the back will do it justice.)

Elaine M said...

Great quilts, both of them. I need to pull out my pinks. My daughter would love a quilt like this. Funny that you and Lynne made the "same" quilt at different times. I see more pinwheels in yours and broken dishes in Lynne's. Both quilts very inspiring. Thanks!

Ann said...

Such a lovely quilt top. Finish it soon, please.

Mystic Quilter said...

Moss Flowers is perfect with all the luscious pinks in this quilt, looking forward to seeing the quilting design you go with.

Millie said...

I think it’s great! I love that we inspire each other. And there are subtle differences in the two quilts. Naturally I think it’s grand!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Very happy, upbeat quilt. Love all the fabric choices.

Barbara Anne said...

What a happy quilt Pretty in Pink is and it is sure to be a joy to use, if Little Man lets you keep it!

I continue enjoying your many quotations, too. Thank you.

Hugs!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty, Julie! I just realized that I have missed more than 2 weeks worth of your posts. Not sure how that happened! Off to investigate...