Friday, October 11, 2019

Shifting Gears



Since plans call for me to do a three-day
Dumpster Diving demo during our annual
on November 1st, 2nd, and 3rd,
I need to get the two waiting Dumpster Diving tops 
quilted and finished in the next two weeks.

in the process of being pin basted.





I know how I want to quilt Lagniappe 
(fans of some sort) but I'm still waffling 
about how to quilt Catharsis.

Diagonal cross hatching comes to mind . . . 




I went ahead and pin basted Conundrum
and will quilt it first to get myself
back into the free motion quilting groove.




I also pulled out this sample block that I used 
when teaching at The Folk School.

The too-strong black and white strip and the
pale tips of the brights-on-black and purple wedges
have annoyed me for months now.




Problem resolved
thanks to a new set of Sharpie markers.

NOW I'm willing to quilt this square table mat.

* * *

Hoping to have some finishes to share
in the not-too-distant future.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder."
E.B. White

11 comments:

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Amazing what a difference the marker treatment made. Subtle but very effective!

Preeti said...

You have so many fun fabrics. That sharpie trick was WICKED!!! I have memorized all your DD quilts but Conundrum is new to me. I am sure I missed the post. One year when all the stars align I will enroll in your class.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOL! LOVE your solution for the "offensive" black and white print. Genius!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love every one of these. A color feast for the eyes. They would be a joy to quilt. If I lived closer, I would baste them on my long arm for you- saves time and fingers pinning.

Elaine Adair said...

WOW! I wannt be YOU when I come back to earth! But then, you are already taken. 8-)) Beautiful collections, ideas, inspirations. Thank you.

LA Paylor said...

I rely on markers to adjust too. The title dumpster diving is so cute.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A colourful post! Looking forward to seeing how you quilt these.

Elaine Adair said...

Clever girl - I've used the Sharpies for minor goofs, but never gave them a thought for bigger jobs. Hey, I was here 2 days ago! hmmm, can't stop looking at these clever projects.

Kaja said...

It looks like you're getting set for some serious quilting!

Ann said...

I'd never considered using sharpies. Good job. Will it wash out? What do you do to keep it from losing color?

QuiltGranma said...

I was making a set of either black tote bags, or red ones, and had red in the bobbin of a black bag. It showed in the inside, so use a black sharpie to make it nearly disappear! SO much better. Very handy to have on hand!