I've never been a huge fan of the fall season.
Mostly because of the shorter days
and the impending arrival of winter weather.
But this year feels different.
Maybe it was the horrendously hot summer?
I don't know but this year I wanted
to decorate for Autumn.
(= the months of October and November)
DH's baskets provided a marvelous spot
for a gathering of fall flowers
and a cluster of ceramic pumpkins.
Three stuffed owls in autumn colors,
more pumpkins, and a few friendly ghosts.
(the ghosts will be replaced with battery-powered candles
and colorful autumn leaves after October 31)
Tiny fairy lights illuminate the mantel.
And even the half bath's shelf unit
is now dressed for the season.
I also made a new runner for the top
of my grandfather's cedar chest
that we use in front of our couch.
This is cotton harvesting season here
so the fabric is especially appropriate.
(from a 2016 line named
Love-4-Cotton by Blank Textiles)
And this past weekend was a sleepover one
for Little Man who was delighted to help me
shop for a variety of pumpkins and gourds.
(I think he's the best reason why I brought out the
splashes of orange and other fun things this year)
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“There’s joy and wonder everywhere when you see the world through the eyes of a child.”
Katrina Mayer.com









17 comments:
It all looks very lovely
Little man is adorable! I can’t believe how big he’s getting.....what a wonderful age :)
I'll bet you even had FUN decorating for the season with Little Man!!! Looks like he's getting to be a big boy now.
Wow, you really went all out! Everything looks great. Thanks for sharing. I know that having that little man really helped spark your enthusiasm!
The grandkids sense of wonder at decorations is one of the reasons I choose to decorate. How big he is! All your quilts look lovely regardless of the season.
I love your Autumnal decor--those ghosties are so cute...hugs, Julierose
fall has certainly FALLEN at your place-- just lovely; so homey and warm!
Does look very fun! Love the quilt and pillows on your chair. Looks like you can get a cup of hot chocolate and sit down!
You went all out, and it looks lovely, especially the mantle and hutch. I'm sure Little Man enjoyed how festive it all looks with the ghosts and owls. Ahhh... fall.
all that golden orange must make the place feel cozy it's so pretty.
Your home looks awesome and Little Man is certainly the handsome boy!! Can't believe how tall he's gotten.
I used to dread autumn because it meant winter was not far behind. Now I actually look forward to it! Of course, Halloween has always been a favorite holiday for me because I love the colors and the whimsy. Grandchildren are also a great excuse for seasonal decorating. ;-) My daughter and one granddaughter were able to spend time here decorating for us. What a treat!
Oooh, he is adorable!!!!!
I'm so happy to see a little Fall here...my group was supposed to tour a local cotton gin this morning but there was a fire last night. Luckily no cotton was burned and we were able to reschedule for Thursday week.
Mama Bear
Love your autumn decorating, especially all of the gold tones in the first photo! Lovely quilt and pillows, so inviting!
We hardly had a summer here, so I have the same old autumn feeling as every year, but I still enjoyed your seasonal decorating.
Some lovely, lovely pictures. The sun shining on the quilt, your pop of fall color underneath your husbands masterpiece hanging on the wall! I bet it all feels very cozy.:)
Post a Comment