Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Conundrum - The Quilt



Conundrum is finished!

Measures 30" wide x 42" long




Created using the cut off corners 
from the blocks for Optic Strings.

Layout inspired by the "String Grid" quilt on page 22
of Roderick Kiracofe's Unconventional and Unexpected.




I'm counting this as a finish for Sujata's UandU QAL.

are still waiting to be quilted)




Backing is by Keiko Goke ("stripe plaid")

I used the single leftover triangle to create a label.




Quilted with Affinity variegated Rainbow thread
(with Glide Bark in the bobbin)
using my unmarked liberated free motion all-over fans.




And here is where Conundrum will live
for the foreseeable future -
what you see when you first step through
the door to my design studio.




This is the view as you leave the design studio.

* * *

Next up under the needle?




Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery.  There is always more . . . "
Anais Nin

13 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Conundrum is beautiful. I like the vibrant colours and the way that though strings and scrappy, it is all nicely controlled.

Vicki W said...

It's fabulous!

Joyce said...

Love the layout and how vibrant this quilt is! I'm working on Optic Strings and look forward to doing something with the "leftovers." Thanks for the inspiration!

Pamela Arbour said...

You did a good job on this one, as always. It really looks comfy and inviting.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on another fun finish, Julie!!

Cindy said...

What a happy joyous quilt!!!! Fantastic!!!!!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I love it! It looks wonderful where you have it hanging. Such glorious color!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just gorgeous. I want to be like you when I grow up. I love your colors and combos.

Judy in Michigan said...

Such a happy quilt and a nice welcome to your design studio! Keep up the energy to continue to create such beauties!!

Carol R. said...

what do you mean by 'unmarked free motion fans'? You don't mean that you did all of those free hand/without rulers, do you? I want so much to be able to do a Baptist fan on a quilt someday... have tried but the tool I bought wasn't worth the money I spent and I don't have a computer nor do I use pantographs.

beth s said...

Such a pretty quilt. I want to go make one now. :)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A great quilt! I love all the bright colour, and your quiting adds some really visible texture!

Raewyn said...

I love it Julie - and I love its 'history' too. A great finish :-)