Friday, August 30, 2019

Lagniappe - The Flimsy



Lagniappe - Dumpster Diving 6 - is now a flimsy.

It was made using bonus HSTs cut while 
making Dumpster Diving 5 - Catharsis.











When it came time to add the sashing strips,
I auditioned ever so many fabrics.

None of them worked - mostly because
the geese were so very scrappy.





So I pulled out this beloved green batik
that has been hoarded in the stash
and VOILA - the geese were happy.

The finished top measures 49" wide x 65" long.





This is the backing fabric:

Romantika from Peacock Pavilion 
by Vikki Chu for Michael Miller fabrics.

YES!

It feels marvelous to be moving projects forward
instead of just shuffling their boxes around.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"I have long thought that anyone who does not regularly - or ever - gaze up and see the wonder and glory of a dark night sky filled with countless stars loses a sense of their fundamental connectedness to the universe."
Brian Greene

14 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finding just the right fabric for the sashing, Julie... and the PERFECT backing fabric for that quilt!!! Hope you and Max have fun with the quilting, too.

Pamela Arbour said...

The top turned out really nice and the backing is perfect for it!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I really like the turquoise fabric- it looks like a neat mottled effect. I wish I could see the geese in person as they probably have a lot of subtle colors that blend together- photos are tough. Congratulations on this finish!

Paulette said...

What a beautiful quilt! Love the colors and the way you used your bonus HSTs. This makes me feel all swimmy in the best, heart happy way!

Julierose said...

That green batik is so perfect...lovely finish hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

Purple, green, turquoise: my favorite color combination. (And how much of that hoarded emerald green do you have left?)

Mari said...

Happy geese make for yet another pretty quilt! I love the green batik, too, and the aquas are fantastic. Happy finish, and have a good weekend! (I hope the foot is healing up.)

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Lovely! Those green sashing strips are perfect. And so is the backing!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Oh, wonderful!

Jaye said...

Great quilt! I love the colors.

Kay said...

I especially like how your green sashing makes the rest of the quilt sing. Turned out great.

Kaja said...

Proper progress does feel satisfying, doesn't it? I think you found the right moment to use your special batik, it sits beautifully with your scrappy geese.

Mystic Quilter said...

Magic with the bonus HSTs and love the purple with the green in the Flying Geese. A nice sized quilt.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love love love love love!!! The colors are so bold and I LOVE them!!!