I started this quilt in September 2017
as part of my "USE THE STASH" effort.
The design is called Sky Blue and is from
In Love With Squares and Rectangles
by Amy Walsh and Janine Burke
of Blue Underground Studio.
My version finished at 50" wide x 65" long.
The top was completed in November 2017.
Since then it has been hanging in the "to be quilted" closet.
Last week I pulled it out and
spent a few days pondering how to quilt it.
I decided to try my untested idea for
liberated oversized orange peels.
I love the results.
After changing back fabrics several times during
that almost two-year waiting period,
I finally chose Carrie Bloomston's Story.
I used Glide thread in Graphite which blended beautifully
between the scrappy blues and low volume four patches.
I'm very happy with this finished quilt.
* * *
Partly Cloudy will be gifted at the end of September
to someone who loves to read the newspaper -
both when it is current and again
when it is about to be used for fire starter.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more . . . "
Anais Nin





12 comments:
That will make a lovely gift, Julie. The recipient is sure to enjoy it!
What a lovely finish--great use of stash on this hugs, Julierose
Absolutely love it. The backing is so perfect for the person you are gifting it to.
xx, Carol
a great use of blue scraps - I love newsprint fabric - my new favorite and I need to start looking for more
Its quite beautiful - love the colors and that backing is perfect!
The blues are so clear and comforting. I love Graphite also. My favorite Glides are graphite, nickel, mocha, cream and linen and sometimes Military Gold. I love that backing fabric.
A lovely quilt! And the backing is perfect for your intended recipient!
It's so good to use the stash. I'm working on some, too. Congratulations on a great finish.
This is another pretty one. Nice to have it out of the closet and about to be a gift. I love the gray with the blue, which is a little surprise since you know how I feel about gray. Here it just works and makes for a very pretty, calm quilt. Happy finish!
So pretty - and very soothing. That backing is the best. Definitely one of my favorites for a wide back. Yay for finishing up an older UFO.
Love the quilt and your last few lines on the person who lis going to be lucky recipient!
Oh, what a pretty quilt! And love the dedication . . . .
Post a Comment