Week Ten - first four blocks
for Optic Strings,
my #100DayProject
inspired by a vintage quilt in
Unconventional and Unexpected.
(click the labels at the bottom of the post
if you want to see other posts on this project)
And Week Ten's other three blocks.
Week Ten - Seven more blocks.
SO close now . . .
I just couldn't stand it
so I went ahead and pieced the blocks
for Week Eleven.
Here are the rest of the blocks
from Week Eleven's stack.
All 80 blocks are now pieced.
HOO-RAY!!!
Next Monday I'll share photos
of them pinned on the design wall.
I am SO excited to reach this point
well ahead of the 100-day mark.
Oh, and the mysterious nagging pain in my right foot
now has a name - it's called an evolving stress fracture.
Three weeks in this boot and
then we'll see how things are healing.
Good thing I know how to
drive my machines left-footed.
* * *
For those who like wood art
DH has published two new posts on his blog
for his most recent finishes:
and
Enjoy!
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“The more clearly we can focus our attention on the wonders and realities of the universe about us, the less taste we shall have for destruction.”
Rachel Carson







10 comments:
Oh, Julie! Walk as little as possible in the bit. You back will thank you!! Nice work on getting those extra blocks done. Now, you're REALLY ready to have some fun!
Oh SO sorry about your foot; how did you hurt it? Hope it is feeling better...
I will be interested to see how you put these optic blocks together; they are so beautiful hugs, Julierose
sorry about the stress fracture - I found out last month that I had one that healed and I never knew I had it until I went to the doctor to see about new foot pain that was tendonitis and he saw on the X-ray a healed stress fracture! hope yours heals nicely
Now I really can hardly wait until you show ALL the blocks in concert on your wall!!! I think this is going to knock our socks off. Take it easy and heal.
I didn't realize you were using 30's repros. Nice! Hope the door heals quickly.
Oh Bummer on the foot! Hope it heals quick! Love your blocks
Oh, Julie, I hope your foot heals up quickly! Good thing you can "drive" left-footed! Looking forward to seeing this quilt top all together, too.
I'm sure you've figured out that your left foot can operate the sewing machine pedal just as well as the right. (Driving? That's another matter.) What I really admire about the Optics blocks -- besides the colors/prints -- is that EVERY STRIP LINES UP WITH ITS NEIGHBORS. My string blocks are never that perfect.
I still love these blocks. They are on "The List", lol.
xx, Carol
Oh dear!!! What a time you'v e had lately Julie - hope things settle down for you and you're soon feeling 100% and bootless!
Post a Comment