These are the trimmed corner triangles
from this week's batch of Optic String Blocks.
Same parts sewn together into pairs and
randomly plopped on the design wall.
This is the new inspiration quilt
from Unconventional and Unexpected.
(click here for that story)
A quick side note for those who have asked.
I am using this large triangle ruler
to cut away the sewn on corners
from the previously shared flying geese blocks.
I am not unstitching all those corners.
Here are a few more blocks on the design wall
with spaces added for future sashing and cornerstones.
Interesting to see how the different colors
appear to create such different patterns
when reduced to black and white.
Same blocks but in a different arrangement.
Again in black and white.
This has possibilities,
but I need to work with it some more.
Checked the inspiration quilt in black and white
(phone photo of the computer screen)
to help reassure myself I'm on the right track.
And then . . .
it happened again . . .
What if I turn the squares on point?!?
And what if I mix up the colors
instead of keeping them in pairs?!?
* * *
Time to let this simmer until next week when
I'll have more triangle units to play with.
While you wait,
I've completely updated my Studio Space page
here on the blog - click here to go see.
(there's also a tabbed page link at the top of the blog)
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“The best scientists and explorers have the attributes of kids!
They ask questions and have a sense of wonder. They have curiosity. ‘Who, what, where, why, when, and how!’ They never stop asking questions and I will never stop asking questions, just like a five-year-old”
Sylvia Earle










7 comments:
This is beginning to feel like a Netflix series! LOL (I like to watch those.)
Now I have no idea what the end product will look like! Interesting. Thanks for the black and white pics. I forget to do that and you have demonstrated how helpful that can be.
Honestly, Julie?! Do you EVER make the quilt you set out to make??? (Secretly, I think you may be onto something with this one, as it's starting to look more Julie-ish.)
It is always an adventure following you along on a quilt making. Love what I see and all the possibilites and values.
This is definitely going to be a super-exciting quilt! It is getting better as you explore all the possibilities. It is exciting to follow your progress.....
Oh the possibilities!
Which will you choose? it's how you SEE things I think. Will they abut each other o point or will you put some blocks in between? Watching and looking forward to seeing what you do...AGAIN!! lol hugs, Julierose
How clever of you, Julie. I love the way you use your cuttings for another fabulous quilt.
Post a Comment