Friday, June 19, 2026

Another One of Those Weeks


I'm honestly not sure where this week went - lots of cleaning, sorting, editing, and trashing apparently ate up more time than I thought.  

That said, I've spent evenings playing with my papers as a reward for all that work.

Bricolage (my DIY Wreck That Journal project) is beginning to come alive.


It continues to surprise me how the smallest bits can make or break the vibe of any given page.


Stickers, fussy cut images from a wide variety of sources, text clipped from books . . . 


. . . even packaging elements from the grocery store or elsewhere - they all make a difference.


The flower fairies image is from a thrifted reproduction book I found a year or so ago.


I laughed out loud when I realized how fun it was to put the fussy cut spotted leopard (cheetah?) next to this tea bag envelope turned pocket.  

(each of the pocket's inserted strips has something fun glued onto the reverse side - no sense in wasting a great surface)


And while yet another thunderstorm raged last night, I worked on this two page spread.


Back when I was creating Abecedarium, I cut out way more ransom letters than I needed and this was a perfect opportunity to actually use many of them.

* * * 
Over the next few days I am determined to finish pin basting Morning Fog and get it quilted/finished.  

I also need to get "finished" outdoor photos of Xanadu while it is not raining (we have rain predicted every day now for almost a week).

One thing at a time . . . 


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"HOPE is a discipline."
Mariame Kaba

2 comments:

Juliann said...

I love the ABC page. I have plenty of leftover letter stickers.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fun journal pages, Julie! I've been working on ICAD. This year my cards are being created in random order, but coming together in chronological order in another one of your old composition books. LOVE those for housing the project!