This was the scene on Thursday . . .
And this was the same scene less than 24 hours later. It has been raining off and on ever since.
Three inches in the past 24-hours alone.
All those thunderstorms have stopped me from doing much sewing or quilting, so instead I've been working with my paper projects.
I've been writing down four letter words in my traveler's journal.
I loaded them into a spreadsheet and alphabetized them so I could easily eliminate duplicates (there were quite a few) .
The edited list flows left to right across the two page spread.
And while I don't have a photo to share, the set of twelve pink collaged index cards are also done . . .
I added some larger items from the stash and even found a way to include the word JUBILATION cut from a magazine a long time ago.
Inspired by the name of @Ricki_ticki_tavy's Etsy shop, I've chosen BRICOLAGE as the name for my DIY Wreck It Journal.
* * *
Xanadu is nearly finished and we have a day or so with no significant percentage of rain predicted so it WILL be finished early week.
I won't be able to gift it for another week or so which means I won't post the finished reveal photos until after the gifting happens.
"To thrive in life you need three bones. A wishbone. A backbone. and a funny bone."
Reba McEntire
6 comments:
I hope the rain, coming in such quantities and so soon after being poured, doesn’t ruin your driveway. Good thing you have other creative outlets for stormy weather days!
This has been a rainy month for you too. More predicted for Wednesday here. I'm not complaining since we were so close to being classified as a drought area.
I love the new journal name. And this reminds me of the word list I have in my Notes app. Time to do something with that.
Lovely pink pages---I've been filling up my True Trashy Journal during these hot days...today a cold front blew in and it is just lovely--sat our on deck for coffee and walked at Rocky Neck State Park..
Hoping it stays like this for a few days... hugs Julierose
I'm hoping to get a nice sunny/rain balance this week. (I keep hearing my sister-in-law that is considering retiring in the next year or two talk about work/life balance of her co-workers. LOL). Mow today. Hopefully rain tomorrow and the next day.
Your driveway looks great! Your pink pages are super cute.
Oh good heavens, I am so behind with reading your bogs, in fact all the usual blogs I follow, due to hospital visits for myself and husband.
I have just spent the most wonderful 45 minutes reading your past blogs back to May!!!! I decided to not make comment on individual posts or I would still have been here at midnight! Such a delight to see Xanadu and Hanabi, love the bunny rabbit - as you I am a fan of these little creatures whether real or made of fabric. I agree the photo of Young Man is a treasure, what a great smile he has. The Annual Bottle Washing Day had me in fits of laughter, it would have been a truly necessary chore. As usual I find it exciting to see your paper projects under way and you seem to have a great selection to work on at the moment. Good luck with the drivewayt!!!
Post a Comment