Thursday, June 11, 2026

Miscellaney and Beyond



Xanadu has been pin basted, the thread has been chosen, the bobbins have been wound, and the quilting has begun.  


And since the pool noodles were empty, I went ahead and rolled the top and back for Morning Fog, the next in line to be quilted.  I have Frankenbatting pieced using end-cuts from previous Macnas series  battings ready to roll onto the third noodle.


Evening playtime updates:

MISCELLANY, my 5" x 5" scrappy paper nine-patch journal is 'done' with 58 unique nine-patches comprised of 522 one-inch squares.  

I left the last few blank pages in case I punch out enough more squares to create those additional nine-patches.


This floral group is one of the last few in the book . . . 


. . . as is this one featuring people and security envelopes.


One evening was spent collaging the 12 red index cards using bits from the ephemera boxes. IF I find more tiny items, I may add those additional elements on some of these.  If I don't, then these are good just the way they are.


And while red things were out, I went ahead and filled the two-page RED spread in my DIY Wreck That Journal project.  

I'm contemplating names for this journal so I can stop using the author's inspiration book title.


Again, if I find red things that fit, I'll continue to add to these pages.


* * *

The predicted rainy weather missed us so the driveway repairs are happening today as planned.  The crew started at 7am and most of the damaged concrete and buried tree roots have been removed.  The mixer truck is scheduled to arrive later this morning . . . 

I hope to spend much of today in the studio quilting Xanadu.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
" The pessimist complains about the wind.  The optimist expects it to change.  The realist adjusts the sail."
William A. Ward

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are getting a lot done! I'm glad the rain stayed away from you so the driveway project could get done.

cityquilter grace said...

simple patterns with gorgeous fabrics equals wow any day!!

Juliann said...

I look forward to hearing the new journal name. You are so creative with quilting names and wordy stuff 😉

JCH said...

I like your quote. I fall into the last category 🙂

Nann said...

The Xanadu triangles are so cheerful! The nine-patch paper journal could work well with squares of fabric, too. The riot of red pages on white backgrounds is sort of quilt like....

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Xanadu is scrumptious... I picture someone roller skating to a park with this quilt to enjoy a picnic!