Monday, July 21, 2025

Wallaroo - the Flimsy



Wallaroo is now a flimsy measuring 52" x 72"

There are 468 rectangles (each cut 2.5" x 4.5") in this sixth iteration of my Macnas quilt.


Wallaroo features 48 different aboriginal fabrics (nearly all are M&S Textiles purchased from Etsy sellers, notably DarkStarFabrics of Phillips, Maine).

The alternate fabric is no longer available, at least not that I could find aside from one German Etsy seller with delivery charges in the $50 range.  

I fell in love with the backing fabric in December 2022 (Urban Essence Designs for Blank Quilting Pattern No. 2325) and it has finally found its forever home with this project.

The dark fabric in between the backing and the top is what I think I want to use for binding (if there's enough).  And if not, I'll shop the stash for more options.


Here's the top from a different angle.


Fabric details - so much to explore.


And even more eye candy to enjoy.

* * *

Busy week ahead, but next up will be the FMQ on Haru and sorting Fandango's paired blocks into rows so they're ready to sew into a quilt top (Macnas series no. 7).


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things."
Henry Ward Beecher

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely fabrics--"eye candy" is right :))) nice work on this one...
hugs, Julierose

Millie said...

This is fun. I like it a lot!

Robin said...

This one is so fun to look at. I would hang it across the room from a meditation spot. And the backing. . . it is so fascinating. I love it. Nice work, I'm glad it's all coming together

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

This one has wonderful close-up interest as well as distant.

Mary said...

I really like this one. The alternate fabric is perfect. At first I wasn't sure it really was just one.

greaterexp said...

So many seams to match, but you did it beautifully! The fabrics have so much interest, that no one would ever tire of it!

Barbara Anne said...

Applause, applause!!!! This is a delightful quilt top and I love those Aussie fabrics. You certainly sewed this quilt top together quickly!

Hugs!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a great way to catalog these fun and funky fabrics, Julie!