Monday, June 30, 2025

Trouvaille - the Flimsy


Trouvaille, the transformed squirrel project that just couldn't wait, has become a flimsy.

54" wide x 72" long - the colors above are very close to real life.

Fabrics for the pieced backing are waiting to be cut and sewn . . . 


While I finished piecing the top for Trouvaille, the remaining pairs for Wallaroo (Macnas-inspired no. 6) were sewn together - ready for their turn on the design wall.


The first 12 rows (of 18) for Vellichor (Macnas-inspired no. 5) have been sewn.  

Only six more rows and I'll have another flimsy reveal post to share.


As I'm sewing the top for Vellichor, I'm leader-ender sewing the pairs for Fandango (Macnas-inspired no. 7).

Fandango will be the first of the Macnas-inspired series to have rectangles made of scrappy strata.  Time will tell how that approach works out.


On the other side of the studio, Abendrot is pin basted and ready for FMQ action.  

(I had forgotten that Abendrot's backing yardage was in fact a wide back - that certainly helped things move forward more quickly)


Finally, the Bluey pillowcase laid out here is now finished and in use by its happy new owner.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Go to your studio and make stuff."
Fred Babb

7 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

wow such a post jam packed with eye candy....wow on that pink! all very pretty...love the yellow one too

Cherie Moore said...

It will be interesting to see how the strata works for the pink Macnas inspired quilt! You are one a roll :). I adore the backing for Abendrot (my mind is reading a-bend-rot, lolololol).

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Trouvaille was a fast and pretty one! You will have quite the lineup waiting to be quilted.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Kudos on your productivity, Julie!

Barbara Anne said...

Applause, applause, applause!!
LOVE the colorful backing that surprised you. Who made it and what is it called? Methinks I need some if it's still for sale. Thanks!

Hugs!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

good ness!! you are rockin and rollin in your studio!! beautiful projects!!

swooze said...

Love the pop of blue in Trouvaille,