Monday, June 24, 2024

Mish Mash Monday V2


This is our new (replacement) mailbox - we love it!

The box itself is larger than the destroyed one and we can now put a Large Priority Mail box inside with room to spare.


This is the side we see from our front porch.


Indoors in the studio - All 450+ scrappy red and neutral rectangles for Rubricate are cut and pinned into pairs.

I'll use yardage to back Rubricate - sale-priced Kaffe Fassett 85 and Fabulous line's Beach Balls.


The 450+ rectangles for Tuxie-Tude are also cut and paired, meaning I can now use my empty cutting table to pin baste Hoppipolla.

Even better, all 900+ rectangles (for BOTH Rubricate and Tuxie-Tude) came out of the resource boxes!


I plan to piece a backing for T-T using a mix of these glorious bright-on-black prints.  


Here are the first eight of the eighteen rows for Reverie on the design wall.


Here's a detail showing just some of the fabrics.  

I loved working with these colors when I made Gotta Love It  and its backing in 2011 and I'm still loving them today.

* * *

Young Man was supposed to spend this week with us in order to attend Mud Camp just down the road from our house.  But he's had a high fever for the past week and everything is on hold until after he sees his pediatrician again Monday morning.   We'll see how things evolve.  

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Release harsh, critical judgment and just play.  Life's too short to stress over art."
Lanie Smith

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Sorry to hear that your grandson is under the weather!! Hope everything will be okay...
You sure have been busy getting all these QIPS prepped and ready to go;)))
Nice organization work...hugs, Julierose

Cherie Moore said...

Oh Julie, I hope LM recovers quickly….a week of a high fever, poor guy :(

Kaja said...

I hope your Young Man recovers speedily. Mud Camp sounds like it would be a lot of fun!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The blue and white/black is a nice combination and lots of interest in the fabrics.
I hope YM recovers fast from whatever is causing the fever.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love blue and whites. Love having a project clipped, boxed and ready to roll. Hope they can figure out why your grandson has a fever and help him out so he doesn't miss out on the camp. Is it a pottery camp?

Charlotta said...

I love your black and white fabrics - such a nice variety and so many really nice fabrics. I covet your stash. I’m always looking for nice fabrics like that but lately there don’t seem to be that many. Neutrals have taken over.

MissPat said...

I have some of the second from the top of the brights on black. I've used it to back a kids quilt and still have some left.
What a shame YM is ill ust as summer begins. I'm sure he was looking forward to Mud Camp, which sounds intriguing. I hope he recovers soon.
Pat