Once the substitutions were inserted (see previous post HERE), it didn't take long to sew the nine rows together.
Abendrot's top measures 54" wide x 72" long.
Abendrot (meaning the color of the sky when the sun is setting) makes me very happy.
I've had this 108" backing in the stash for a while and now it has found its intended purpose.
(Mod Plaid by P and B Textiles DSN No. 04775)
I snapped this photo earlier in the process when the top was sewn together but not yet pressed. The colors are so true here.
The crumpled look gives a hint of how wonderful this future quilt will be when in use.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"I just go with the flow, I follow the yellow brick road. I don't know where it's going to lead me, but I follow it."
Grace Jones




11 comments:
Your Abendrot flimsy is so lovely, QDJulie;))) Beautiful work on scattering those color strips--lovely finish...love that mod backing--amazing print...
hugs for a great weekend upcoming Julierose
The backing fabric is so pretty too. This is going to be one fabulous quilt.
Rays of sunshine!
I love that backing!
Fabric sunshine and it's wonderful! LOVE the backing fabric you've chosen too. What a happy quilt this is and will be.
Hugs!
This is just so lovely!
I think the backing is trying to upstage the top! What a fabulous word, Abendrot.
This quilt would make me very happy too! Might have to steal the plan for one of my own. 😁
What a perfect pair the back and front will make, Julie!
Perfect backing, I'm in love with all the colour!!! Abendrot top is looking fabulous.
What a cheerful quilt, just when we need a little sunshine yellow! Very pretty.
Love the pops of pink in this quilt, it just looks so warm and cozy! And the backing fabric is perfect. Your backing fabrics always inspire me a little too. Someday I'm gonna do better with more of mine.:)
Post a Comment